PDA

View Full Version : For trade, my AMD dual core combo for your Intel dual core combo

Trucker61
05-29-2006, 02:53 AM
For Trade

LGA 775 571ES chip, OEM. this has been in an Intel 945 board overclocked the max 4% to 3.95 since I have had it, (has been cooled with an XP-120) WTTF a 950D dual core chip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize this is a longshot but here goes anyway

I have been an Intel enthusiast for years, and when I decided to go dual core a few months ago I went the AMD route. Call me crazy but I just feel a loyalty to Intel and want to go back, even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with my setup.

So I have the following up for trade only, I do not want to sell it or part it out, it works perfectly and if I can't get what I want then I will just continue to use it.

MSI K8N Diamond Plus mainboard, Has very good onboard sound, an audigy chip.

Opteron 180 Denmark.

2GB (2 X 1024) Mushkin HP.

I have run this at 217 FSB since I have had it, memory timings at 2.5-2-3-6. I gave up on the overclocking race a couple of years ago, I have never tried to push it any farther.

This rig is completely stable and without issues, there have been no mods done and original bios was never changed.

What I would like to trade for:

A 975 chipset Intel mainboard (bad axe would be ideal) or possibly another brand 975 chipset. I could be open for anything better if there is such, I am not up on the latest and most current technology.

Comparable Dual Core processor(s) (higher 900 series)

comparable quality and quantity of DDR2 memory
An XBOX 360 for my son. (as a filler for a combo trade)

EDIT: I just priced the 900 series intel chips and see that the value has plumetted since February when I bought this system new. The 950 D chip was comparable pricewise to my 180 opty but now is going for less than half of it's price.

EDIT # 2 I want to trade for hardware of EQUAL value guys, I won't trade my stuff even up for a combo that I can buy new for $450, but if you have a something decent and maybe a second combo to trade that will fill the gap (and or $$) then by all means talk to me. I may also consider an XBOX 360 as a gap filler. (my combo retails for over 1100 currently)

If need be we can work out any differences with cash, and I also have a couple of Nvidia Video cards for the right trade. (EVGA 7900GT CO Superclocked, BFG 6800 Ultra)

all parts were purchased New from ZZF and Newegg the end of February this year.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=23236

JimTram
05-29-2006, 04:42 AM
A week or so ago I gave my AMD rig (which I recently built) to a local charity. As it turned-out it was a direct donation to a donee and the expression and appreciation on their faces was priceless.

It was just a starter gaming rig which included a 3200+, Asus Sli Deluxe board, GIG of RAM, and a 7600GT. From the expressions and appreciations of the donee's, you would think it was the greatest thing since slice bread.

I liked the AMD rig as it was flawless and stable. For reasons unknown - I too just prefer Intel.

Good luck on your trade offer.

JaGWiRE_abx
05-29-2006, 05:26 AM
A week or so ago I gave my AMD rig (which I recently built) to a local charity. As it turned-out it was a direct donation to a donee and the expression and appreciation on their faces was priceless.

It was just a starter gaming rig which included a 3200+, Asus Sli Deluxe board, GIG of RAM, and a 7600GT. From the expressions and appreciations of the donee's, you would think it was the greatest thing since slice bread.

I liked the AMD rig as it was flawless and stable. For reasons unknown - I too just prefer Intel.

Good luck on your trade offer.

God bless you. That is a real donation -- as much as people donate old computers and stuff like that, it's nothing like what you donated. I honestly can say that I remember the feeling when I got a few gifts that were enormous, laptops, etc, a gift that somebody really put some money into and didn't cheese out. I am sure they had the same feeling as I did those few times.

JimTram
05-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Thank You! While I have given freshly built rigs to family - by far my latest giveaway was the most rewarding.

LOL, I may have to get additional parts to build a rig around my 875PBZ when I upgrade to Conroe.

God bless you. That is a real donation -- as much as people donate old computers and stuff like that, it's nothing like what you donated. I honestly can say that I remember the feeling when I got a few gifts that were enormous, laptops, etc, a gift that somebody really put some money into and didn't cheese out. I am sure they had the same feeling as I did those few times.

Trucker61
06-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Added an X Box 360 on my WTTF list

Trucker61
06-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Added an intel 571es for trade

SRTDodge05
06-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Trucker61, i did the samething as you went from intel to amd to try them out. im sorry i did it and i want to go back to intel but dont feel like spend anymore money on computers. i had a x2 4200+ system i got sick of it and set the vcore to 1.7v and ran it without the cpu fan and let it burn.

Trucker61
06-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Trucker61, i did the samething as you went from intel to amd to try them out. im sorry i did it and i want to go back to intel but dont feel like spend anymore money on computers. i had a x2 4200+ system i got sick of it and set the vcore to 1.7v and ran it without the cpu fan and let it burn.

Well honestly there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way this setup performs, but for some reason I am just stuck on Intel as that is the platform I have used for years. The only advantage I can think of to switch back is that Intel is more Linux friendly than AMD. (and I haven't built a system since I put this together and am bored...)