PDA

View Full Version : Mac User needs specific Vista screenshot - urgent

tossedsalad
10-26-2006, 01:44 AM
Hi! Does anyone know where I can get a screenshot of Vista's Find & Replace?

Thanks (in advance)

crabby
10-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Don't quite know what sort of screenshot you want... but here's one :D

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/UxGuide/UXGuide/Windows/CommonDialogs/images/CommonDialog04.png

More info on this and other features can be found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/UxGuide/UXGuide/Windows/CommonDialogs/CommonDialogs.asp

Sorry for the late reply... I am at work and the rest of these guys are still in bed! ;)

Could you tell us why you need it? I am intrigued! :D

crabby

JDonner
11-25-2006, 12:22 AM

Let me guess, you have the need to win some stupid flame war, am I right?

Znod
11-25-2006, 12:42 AM

Thanks (in advance)
I'm a Mac User--not that that probably matters. But, what are you talking about? "Find and Replace" as, for example, in Word? Is what's below what you are after?

dazzlin
11-25-2006, 06:58 AM
JDonner, sounds more like you are trying to start some stupid flame war. We try to keep that kind of thing to a minimum here.

crabby
11-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Do Macs still have that one button mouse thing going on? :D Never understood that one, I can't live without 12 anymore :(

crabby

Znod
11-25-2006, 05:00 PM
New Macs, I think all, have two button mice, but, unless things have changed, the right-click options are not nearly as good as those of Windows.

crabby
11-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Dont know what I would do with 1-2 buttons ;) I have; Left click, Right click, middle click, scroll up, scroll down, cruise up, cruise down, go back, go forward, apllication switch, copy, paste. ALL ESSENTIAL!!! :D

crabby

Znod
11-25-2006, 05:14 PM
OMG. How many pinchers do you have?

RF-musician
01-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Do Macs still have that one button mouse thing going on? :D Never understood that one, I can't live without 12 anymore :(

crabby
On a old mac with one of the first Mac OS X, I used a 2 button USB mouse (no name) with the Microsoft mousedriver.
Newer OS supports both mouse buttons not very different from Windows.
In a store I tried the mighty mouse with built in scroll ball, it's amazing, when you can scroll from left to right too and it's a shame, that Windows PCs doesn't recognize the scroll features.
Well, on my Mac I can use all USB PC mice I want and otherwise, I can use every USB keyboard on both, PC and Mac, the only confusing thing is, that on a Mac Keyboard some keys has other functions, so the "windows" key is called "alt", the "alt" key has the special symbol.
And about "flaming": I think, it's ok, when MS tries to give most Mac advantage to Windows users and when MS does, as would they invent these features, well, so many companies will fool theyr customers.
We know, that the Vista features are still approved on another plattform and we can hope, that the Leopard advantages will influence some Vista service pack (especialy the speech feature).