PDA

View Full Version : Vista Babble Podcast #01

Wiggles
07-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Well, we were a little bit early but no matter...just quicker for you all to listen to.

Discussed Topics:
Microsoft v Google Court Case
Vista SP1 Beta
Snuffy's Return
The 'How Fast Are You?' Topic at VB

Again as I said in the Podcast, feedback welcome...good or bad.
I have to admit, I was nervous and still am now.

Me and Ant have ideas at plan if you are thinking 'IS THAT IT?!' and a mission to complete which is to get a intro and outro theme for the podcast itself.

Anyway enjoy...please! :lol:

[Removed Link, Official Link on VB Homepage]

P.S This podcast wasn't edited in any way...we want to show you what we sound like before we start editing the podcasts.

ProCookie
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes it was quite nerve racking but enjoyable at the same time?? :lol:

anyways love to know what everyone thinks. The important thing is to be honest.

Oh and please excuse the quality of my headset it will be replaced for a new one for the next show...well if u guys want 2 hear a next show.:)

Wiggles
07-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I have to admit, the is alot more room for improvement...I was nervous so was Ant.
Now that we had our first podcast over with, next time should be alot better.

crabby
07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Good stuff guys! :D I feel informed ;) It is actually alot better than expected! Ants mic does suck atm... but it didnt detract from your brilliant podcast!

As far as feedback goes... I want more detail! :D MORE! MORE!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE!!!!!!

A great duo in the making (the new Moyles and Comedy Dave perhaps? :p).

I also thought it might be a good idea for some video howto's ;) Showing off features and things!

My two cents:

I will be grabbing the SP1 beta asap.

Speed is mainly related to quality of line. The further away from the exchange the worse the line and the slower you will be. There is now a Korean service which gives 100MB/s! So we are way behind :(

Hurray for Snuffy! :D Basically Jemw flamed like a horrible flamey sod, but he removed himself in shame. It's all sorted now ;)

I didn't get one mention :( I mean... COME ON GUYS!!! I make this place ;)

crabby

ProCookie
07-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Crabby glad u liked it :) u should join us make it a trio! :lol: sorry bout my microphone sorting it out ASAP.

As Wiggles said we were both edgy but expect next weeks episode to be be miles better!!!

Sylar
07-09-2007, 04:06 PM
No comment Ant IM me.

Wiggles
07-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Good stuff guys! :D I feel informed ;) It is actually alot better than expected! Ants mic does suck atm... but it didnt detract from your brilliant podcast!

As far as feedback goes... I want more detail! :D MORE! MORE!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE!!!!!!

A great duo in the making (the new Moyles and Comedy Dave perhaps? :p).

I also thought it might be a good idea for some video howto's ;) Showing off features and things!

My two cents:

I will be grabbing the SP1 beta asap.

Speed is mainly related to quality of line. The further away from the exchange the worse the line and the slower you will be. There is now a Korean service which gives 100MB/s! So we are way behind :(

Hurray for Snuffy! :D Basically Jemw flamed like a horrible flamey sod, but he removed himself in shame. It's all sorted now ;)

I didn't get one mention :( I mean... COME ON GUYS!!! I make this place ;)

crabby

I'm glad you liked it Crabby, when you say you want more detail...what exactly do you mean? Like posting links to articles after the show for example?

If anything I would like to think I am Moyles as I admire him very much but to be honest I was so nervous I didn't think it was that comedy-ish, but now that you've mentioned that...we'll try to make it more funny.

As you said about Speed, I think it really depends whether you have a copper or fibre optic cable (such as myself).

Sorry we didn't mention you, but we will give out all our thanks in the next podcast (if there is one).

ProCookie
07-09-2007, 04:43 PM
OK i think we should definitely get another one on the go because we can massively improve what we have done, We can shape it into a great show.

Wiggles
07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I think we can all say that wasnt the most professional podcast but I can promise the next podcast will be better.

Wiggles
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
No comment Ant IM me.

Well by the sound of things it looks like you didn't like it.
I've said I don't mind if you negative thoughts towards the podcast as long you actually tell us and how we could improve it for you.

Don't hold back your feedback!

ProCookie
07-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Yes i agree,

instead of contacting me via WLM and telling me how we haven't got the right to make a podcast about Vista Babble, id rather u shared it with everyone.

dazzlin
07-09-2007, 07:33 PM
I absolutely love the podcast! I am just tickled pink by it. Good job, guys! VERY VERY GOOD JOB. :heart::flowercool::party::beer:

Just let me reiterate...

THAT TOTALLY ROCKED!

felix8406
07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
I agree, it was just excellent. Nice job.

crabby
07-10-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm glad you liked it Crabby, when you say you want more detail...what exactly do you mean? Like posting links to articles after the show for example?

If anything I would like to think I am Moyles as I admire him very much but to be honest I was so nervous I didn't think it was that comedy-ish, but now that you've mentioned that...we'll try to make it more funny.

As you said about Speed, I think it really depends whether you have a copper or fibre optic cable (such as myself).

Sorry we didn't mention you, but we will give out all our thanks in the next podcast (if there is one).

Links would definately be good afterwards! :D Also, delving into the issues involved may be a good thing, like talking about the specific issues Google had with Microsoft etc. It will get people more interested and will increase the likelihood of them wanting to know more.

You guys keep it light so a bit of extra detail wont lose peoples interests ;)

crabby

ProCookie
07-10-2007, 06:18 AM
Wow! glad everyone likes it (well almost everyone) But expect more next time! I'm getting myself a 40 Microphone to ensure excellent quality next show. Plus next episode will be fully scripted and edited.

Please if anyone wants to join us that would be fantastic! If you have anything to say or share, topics u wanna discuss contact me or Wiggs

Cheers

Ant

dazzlin
07-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Would have sworn I saw something about music as an intro or something, but can't find that comment now. In any case, if you decide to do that, make sure it's not copyrighted music. Don't want anyone getting into trouble.

Wiggles
07-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm amazed by the amount of support we are getting from you guys.

Me and Ant did talk about having a guest host for the next podcast to keep the podcast fresh, then gradually we will have more guests in the future (but obviously not all the time).

Thanks for telling me about the intro and outro song, as we were thinking about using one of Daft Punk's songs. :lol:

If you have any possible theme songs (that aren't copyrighted) please let us know.

Also I would like to thank the people who sent us their views and feedback on our first podcast, me and Ant will take those views in and try to improve the podcast so you are getting exactly what you want from us.

Again a big thanks to everyone with their support and feedback, Wiggles.

crabby
07-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Personally, I think it should be all you two for the next few weeks. That way we can feel comfortable about the format and our hosts! :D There is plenty of music out there for you to choose from, you just gotta find it! :p Else you could always make a track yourself ;)

PS: Check out the front page!!! :D The podcast now has prime real estate ;)

crabby

ProCookie
07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Woooo! we have a spot on the homepage :) :) :) Fantastic! Thanks!!!!

Cant wait for epidsode 2 now, ordring my new headset now :) :)

ProCookie
07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh as for music Daz, im looking on some royalty free sites at the moment, will have a theme for the next show. If anyone has a copyright free tune the would like to show us, go ahead.

dazzlin
07-13-2007, 11:31 PM
So when's the next podcast scheduled for?

Wiggles
07-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Monday is the day for the next scheduled podcast...