PDA

View Full Version : Win8 File History Folder

Sandog
03-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

Is anybody running this? I had over 200GB in my "File History" folder. I even went to CP to modify the settings and delete < 3mos old backups and still it was huge. I ended up turning it off as I already backup my User folder another way which contains contact info. and all other account stuff. It doesn't effect the usage of Restore either which I still have enabled.

fvbounty
03-15-2014, 12:26 PM
I never turned it on...

Sandog
03-15-2014, 12:54 PM
I never turned it on...

Mine was enabled, I must have set it at some point. It is pretty cool really because it saves all your files automatically along with revisions. You can go to "File History" in Control Panel and open the files. The one reservation I had was it updates continuously and I didn't want it running while I was unaware and doing other things. I had over 400GB used on my 500GB drive lol. I should have opted for the terabyte drive. I was thinking I probably don't have room to put an OS image on the drive now. :ahhhhh:

Griff
03-15-2014, 04:54 PM
I have it turned off.

Pentium4
03-16-2014, 04:35 AM
You can go to "File History" in Control Panel and open the files

Thanks for the tip Sandog, I never knew that option even existed on my system :blush: However, when I checked it as per your instructions,
it was disabled anyway so will keep an eye on it in future, thanks :thumb:

Sir Skully
03-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Mine is off...

PeterT
03-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Mine was off as well. Which is fine, because I don't keep any data on my C partition. I save everything to my D drive and then back it up to other physical drives.

JimTram
03-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Seems to me this may be somewhat similar to Apple's Time Machine.

Overkill I think.

All my data get's backed-up nightly to my D drive using the native app. No reason for instantaneous backups. Too much turbolence IMHO.