ABXZone Computer  Forums

ABXZone Computer Forums (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Cards & Graphics (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   EVGA Precision - OC Utility (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113110)

PeterT 05-03-2008 03:26 PM

EVGA Precision - OC Utility

Here: EVGA | EVGA Precision

Trying it now.

fvbounty 05-03-2008 03:35 PM

Re: EVGA Precision - OC Utility

I downloaded this morning but haven't tried yet!:wave:

Wingit 05-03-2008 04:34 PM

Good move on EVGA's part..proggie is written by "Unwinder" of Rivatuner fame...kind of a "lite" version without the complexities, but also without the complex functionality of Rivatuner. I'll stay with the original for it's ability to create variable fanspeed profiles, but this appears to be a great tool for anyone looking for basic OC/monitoring abilities.

PeterT 05-03-2008 07:05 PM

Yeah. Seems fine. Simple and it works.

jaketerminate 05-03-2008 10:57 PM

Grrr, that makes me wish I wouldve gotten a logitech keyboard instead... :bawl:

polonyc2 01-24-2009 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
tried it out and I like it...temps seem accurate compared to other GPU monitoring programs...basic functionality but a nice program for those that don't need all the bells and whistles of Rivatuner...can set fan speeds along with overclocking core/memory speeds and the ability to set up in game profiles

*also works for all Nvidia cards and not only for EVGA cards :thumb:

Sandog 01-24-2009 03:15 PM

...quick post polony2 lol

Theres version 1.4 out now of Precision Tune and there is a new red skin for the 285/295 cards. There is also a voltage adj. program from EVGA coming soon. The voltage adjust only works on EVGA cards plus you have to be registered. Great time to get a new EVGA card, prices are cheap to. I am looking to step up to the GTX 285 and will get a back plate for it when it becomes available.

FYI, I've read there is a difference between EVGA Default, SC, SSC, and FTW cards and it is that they each ship with higher GPU core voltages. The EVGA voltage adjust program should really enable one to turn their card into the next faster one...all sweet.

JMerrick 01-24-2009 04:02 PM

Anyone got a link so I don't need to register?

polonyc2 01-24-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMerrick (Post 1429345)
Anyone got a link so I don't need to register?

EVGA Precision 1.4 download from Guru3D.com

Sandog 01-24-2009 07:42 PM

It's the voltage adjust program that only users of EVGA cards and those who register their cards are able to take advantage of the program. The program is not available yet.

EVGA Voltage Tuner Coming Soon

Precision Tune 1.4 has been out for awhile, you can download different skin colors for it from EVGA but the new 285/295 cards come with a special edition (red skin) Precision Tune on the CD.

This is what I've gathered so far from reading the EVGA forums.

EVGA GTX 285/295 Special Edition Precision Skin

There are also suppose to be screensavers for the 285/295 cards but those are not available yet either.

EVGA GTX 285/295 Screensavers

My C.C. is being charged to get the GTX285, I just need an email where to ship my GTX 260. Should have the new card in less than 2wks.

polonyc2 01-24-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandog (Post 1429355)
My C.C. is being charged to get the GTX285, I just need an email where to ship my GTX 260. Should have the new card in less than 2wks.

why are you upgrading?...there is hardly any difference between the 2 cards (especially if you overclock your GTX 260)...I was debating between getting the GTX 285 and the GTX 260 and I ended up buying a new XFX GTX 260 card a few days back which is factory overclocked to near GTX 280 speeds...the GTX 285 is maybe 10% faster then the GTX 260 but $110+ more...not really worth it in my opinion

bobmitch 02-22-2009 12:53 AM

Bang for the buck, wise...the GTX 260 SC is one of the fastest cards out there. This is a comparison of the .65 nm cards, but still rings true as far as the speed of the Superclocked GTX 260...by the way...mine is EVGA...no better company you can buy from or get supported by...

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked review

The newer .55nm models do run a little hotter. EVGA sells a backplate, that when installed on either the 285 or 260, lowers heat significantly

Rickwell 03-27-2009 12:37 PM

Bump

There is a new version out. EVGA | EVGA Precision | EVGA Precision
EVGA Precision 1.6.0
EVGA, once again, sets itself apart from the rest with the EVGA Exclusive Precision Overclocking Utility. This program allows you to fine tune your EVGA graphics card for the maximum performance possible, with Core/Shader/Memory clock tuning, real time monitoring support including in-game, Logitech Keyboard LCD Display support, and compatibility with almost all EVGA graphics cards.

:ole:

Gr8Golf 03-27-2009 04:06 PM

thanks!

polonyc2 04-09-2009 05:41 AM

Version 1.6.1 has been released...this makes 3 new versions in less then a month

-Added PCB temperature monitoring (also known as board, ambient or environment temperature in other hardware monitoring tools) for display adapters equipped with additional thermal sensors (e.g. 8800GTX or GTX 200 series) :thumb:

EVGA | EVGA Precision | EVGA Precision