ABXZone Computer  Forums

ABXZone Computer Forums (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows 8 (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming! (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122393)

fvbounty 12-10-2013 01:08 PM

Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
If you want your start button like in W7 back, using Metro apps in the desktop like any other program, it sounds like MS is finally listening to there customers. You can do all this now with Stardocks apps, Start8 and Modern Mix, but it will be apart of 8.2 if this story comes true....



Microsoft Windows Changes | Windows 8.1 content from Windows IT Pro

Further Changes Coming in Windows s SuperSite for Windows

JimTram 12-10-2013 02:05 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
This is the first step in subtly separating the OS's between desktop and mobile. The way Apple does it.

JimTram 12-10-2013 03:32 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Finally starting to use their heads. :lol:

Start Menu to Make a Glorious Return in Upcoming Windows "Threshold" Update | Maximum PC

JimTram 12-10-2013 03:38 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
..and in another turnaround

Microsoft Removes Retailer Deadline to Stop Selling Windows 7 PCs | Maximum PC

XJ. 12-10-2013 05:59 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
I didn't realize the soap-opera like politics going on inside M$ over the past year or so. I used to keep up on this stuff. Guess that shows how underwhelmed I was with Win8.

Interesting news though! Thanks FV & Jim.

Sandog 12-10-2013 09:13 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fvbounty (Post 1522271)
If you want your start button like in W7 back, using Metro apps in the desktop like any other program, it sounds like MS is finally listening to there customers. You can do all this now with Stardocks apps, Start8 and Modern Mix, but it will be apart of 8.2 if this story comes true....



Microsoft Windows Changes | Windows 8.1 content from Windows IT Pro

Further Changes Coming in Windows s SuperSite for Windows

Cool beans, good find. I better get it for free.:yes:

PeterT 12-10-2013 09:30 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fvbounty (Post 1522271)
If you want your start button like in W7 back, using Metro apps in the desktop like any other program, it sounds like MS is finally listening to there customers. You can do all this now with Stardocks apps, Start8 and Modern Mix, but it will be apart of 8.2 if this story comes true....



Microsoft Windows Changes | Windows 8.1 content from Windows IT Pro

Further Changes Coming in Windows s SuperSite for Windows

YAY!!! :clap::dancingparty:
Now I'm interested in Win 8.

Thanks for the info FV.

XJ. 12-11-2013 07:54 AM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandog (Post 1522291)
Cool beans, good find. I better get it for free.:yes:

Well, after the Vista debacle, we didn't get W7 for free. I think Win8.1 was a one time deal for M$. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sounds like it not due out for about another year.

fvbounty 12-13-2013 09:36 AM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ. (Post 1522305)
Well, after the Vista debacle, we didn't get W7 for free. I think Win8.1 was a one time deal for M$. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sounds like it not due out for about another year.

I was just listening to Mary Jo Foley, and she said the start button could back in a W8.1 update in early 2014! You can watch it at 53:30 of this video podcast!

Windows Weekly 340 | TWiT.TV

XJ. 12-13-2013 03:34 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fvbounty (Post 1522383)
I was just listening to Mary Jo Foley, and she said the start button could back in a W8.1 update in early 2014! You can watch it at 53:30 of this video podcast!

Windows Weekly 340 | TWiT.TV

Awesome - Win8.1 update 1 - I would think that would be free. Win8.1 is becoming more interesting to me again, since it seems, at least, like MS has a plan; and one that will help traditional desktop users!

Thanks FV, I'll check out the link this weekend :tiphat:

Sandog 12-13-2013 04:26 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
It shouldn't take a year to add a Start menu, especially when they took it out to begin with.

fvbounty 12-14-2013 11:08 AM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Here's another video podcast with Paul Thurrott about putting the start button and being able to run metro apps on the normal desktop, the fist 8 or 9 minutes will talk about it!

What the Tech 192: The Triple Play | Podcasts content from Paul Thurrotts SuperSite for Windows

Sandog 12-14-2013 12:33 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fvbounty (Post 1522443)
Here's another video podcast with Paul Thurrott about putting the start button and being able to run metro apps on the normal desktop, the fist 8 or 9 minutes will talk about it!

What the Tech 192: The Triple Play | Podcasts content from Paul Thurrotts SuperSite for Windows


Yeah FVB, that was what I was trying to ask you about that you said you were doing, running Metro apps on the desktop.

Thanks,

fvbounty 12-14-2013 12:45 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandog (Post 1522447)
Yeah FVB, that was what I was trying to ask you about that you said you were doing, running Metro apps on the desktop.

Thanks,

Sandog go to post 131 on this thread and it will explain how to use modern mix to do this!

What's New in Windows 8.1 - Page 9 - ABXZone Computer Forums

fvbounty 12-14-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Windows 8.2 Threshold is Coming!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fvbounty (Post 1522449)
Sandog go to post 131 on this thread and it will explain how to use modern mix to do this!

What's New in Windows 8.1 - Page 9 - ABXZone Computer Forums

Bump for Sandog!:tiphat:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.