ABXZone Computer  Forums

ABXZone Computer Forums (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   Anyone doing FarCry 4 ??? (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122712)

traveler 11-17-2014 04:47 AM

Anyone doing FarCry 4 ???

I just bought FarCry 4 Kyrat Edition.

With all the time I have been spending in Tamriel, I almost forgot about it.

Whew ... got it just in time to get all the pre-release purchase bonus missions and items. I went for the GameStop package. I wonder what the Yak Farm is all about. Vally of the Yetis sounds interesting.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/...8a8_154022.png

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/buy/ind...tcm152152012-4

:shades:

fvbounty 11-17-2014 08:02 AM

Re: Anyone doing FarCry 4 ???

Got it with my new card, is there manual saves traveler?

zapionics<alt> 11-18-2014 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveler (Post 1530308)
... got it just in time to get all the pre-release purchase bonus missions and items. I went for the GameStop package. I wonder what the Yak Farm is all about. Vally of the Yetis sounds interesting...

Pre-release bonus missions? :rolleyes: This kind of thing really bugs me... They realease the game in parts on day 1 to bleed as much cash out of the fans as they can.

Anyhow, IF the game is really good I may purchase that stuff later. IF its just FC3 re-skinned then I wont.
Will try and dl it tonight.

zapionics<alt> 11-18-2014 06:04 AM

Heads up: there's a bug with FC4 where the game just wont start for a significant number of users. There are several threads on the STEAM forums about this with a possible fix for some which involves disconnecting USB devices from the system.

traveler 11-18-2014 06:28 AM

The FarCry 4 Kyrat Edition is being shipped. There were none in the store for PC. I just got my tracking number.

I did see a Day 1 Patch on the FarCry 4 website.

And I saw there was a STEAM problem. However UPlay was working fine. I'm expecting my copy, when it arrives since it was not purchased from STEAM, to be a UPlay version.

traveler 11-18-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> (Post 1530337)
Pre-release bonus missions? :rolleyes: This kind of thing really bugs me... They realease the game in parts on day 1 to bleed as much cash out of the fans as they can.

Anyhow, IF the game is really good I may purchase that stuff later. IF its just FC3 re-skinned then I wont.
Will try and dl it tonight.

I look around to see which store or vendor is packaging the most interesting promotional "buy-it-from-us" pre-release purchase bundle. Someone usually puts together a better bundle than the others.

This time it was GameStop. But I do look at Best Buy, Amazon, STEAM, the publisher, NY Camera stores, and European and Australian game stores. One interesting version of FarCry 4 came from Russia; it included a Zippo lighter with the FC4 logo engraved on it.

traveler 11-18-2014 06:51 AM

Hmmmmmm .... That's interesting .... I just read on PCGamer that FarCry 4 will not be released on STEAM in the UK.

fvbounty 11-18-2014 08:14 AM

Downloading now, its going to be a while...lol

Razorback 11-18-2014 01:02 PM

I am cheap - I will wait until it is on sale. Just got the Far Cry franchise up to FC3 for $10 over the weekend on steam. ;)

traveler 11-18-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorback (Post 1530359)
I am cheap - I will wait until it is on sale. Just got the Far Cry franchise up to FC3 for $10 over the weekend on steam. ;)

Nice!!! :shaka:

My favorite is STILL FarCry 1. The "going down the river" level was my favorite.

Did they finally make the unofficial save anywhere/anytime patch an official patch to FarCry 1? Out of the box it was waypoint saves only. Many players complained. I still have the manual addon patch for that fix in my original installation of FarCry 1.

Razorback 11-18-2014 03:17 PM

Yes, so far, it is still the best. I had Far Cry 1 on CDs already. I don't know if they changed the save format. I played with the waypoint saves version.

fvbounty 11-18-2014 04:50 PM

Does anyone know if there's a manual save in number 4?

Sandog 11-18-2014 08:47 PM

I got the code yesterday for FC4. Haven't gotten around to loading Uplay and installing the game yet.

zapionics<alt> 11-19-2014 12:47 AM

I cannot play this game at the moment :( It seems I'm having the same issue as many many others where it hangs at the intro movie. The STEAM and Uplay forums are full of posts about this issue.

I've even heard of startup issues on consoles.

Is anyone here actually able to run the game yet?

traveler 11-19-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorback (Post 1530361)
Yes, so far, it is still the best. I had Far Cry 1 on CDs already. I don't know if they changed the save format. I played with the waypoint saves version.

Hmmmm .... So one still has to install the manual save feature manually. I recommend doing so with FC1.