ABXZone Computer  Forums

ABXZone Computer Forums (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/index.php)
-   PC Gaming & Hardware (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Serious Sam BFE Video! (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121250)

fvbounty 11-01-2011 10:35 AM

Serious Sam BFE Video!

Check this out.....can't wait!

Sandog 11-01-2011 08:57 PM

Re: Serious Sam BFE Video!

I remember Serious Sam when it first came out. I think they were one of the first games with a demo you could play.

WolfSoul 01-04-2012 01:22 PM

Looks great.. but maybe it's me well I don't know the sarcasm twist on the "serious" part seems gone Feels like they wanna compete with the other shooting games? (Mainly the looks, Sam uses to have a funny style, looks more realistic now)

JimTram 01-04-2012 01:37 PM

I am on it right now. Best of the series. In some places it's pretty scary!!! Not cartoonish at all. Great graphics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfSoul (Post 1499315)
Looks great.. but maybe it's me well I don't know the sarcasm twist on the "serious" part seems gone Feels like they wanna compete with the other shooting games? (Mainly the looks, Sam uses to have a funny style, looks more realistic now)

mindx2 01-04-2012 04:04 PM

Finished this a few days ago and had a BLAST!! It is soooo old school I loved it! This is no cover-based, squad-based, regen-health, hand-holding, narrow corridor Call of Duty clone. It's pure Serious Sam FPS action. Carry all your weapons, huge and open levels, finding secret areas and having a TON of enemies rushing you from all sides!! The first level or so is pretty dull and makes you think it's going to be a CoD narrow corridor type game. However, after those "tutorial type" levels it opens up to the huge SS style maps and large number of enemies.

It is one of the few new games I've really enjoyed in a long time (I hate MW and CoD "Next Gen" games :evil:).

fvbounty 01-04-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindx2 (Post 1499325)
Finished this a few days ago and had a BLAST!! It is soooo old school I loved it! This is no cover-based, squad-based, regen-health, hand-holding, narrow corridor Call of Duty clone. It's pure Serious Sam FPS action. Carry all your weapons, huge and open levels, finding secret areas and having a TON of enemies rushing you from all sides!! The first level or so is pretty dull and makes you think it's going to be a CoD narrow corridor type game. However, after those "tutorial type" levels it opens up to the huge SS style maps and large number of enemies.

It is one of the few new games I've really enjoyed in a long time (I hate MW and CoD "Next Gen" games :evil:).

Thanks for tthe info, I've liked the other ones and this one looks like a lot better graphics with all the fun too!:thanks::wave:

johnrr6 01-04-2012 05:54 PM

My son got me this for Xmas on Steam-----can't wait to play it!

Falklan 01-04-2012 06:14 PM

sledgehammer mayhem!!!

WolfSoul 01-05-2012 04:52 PM

I'll keep an eye on the price :lol:

fvbounty 01-05-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfSoul (Post 1499377)
I'll keep an eye on the price :lol:

They had it on sell just a couple of days ago for $19.99 and I posted it here, but I didn't even get it, now I have to wait till it goes on sell again...lol :thumb::wall:

WolfSoul 01-05-2012 05:46 PM

:lol:
Well seems Ive been doing special editions lately (Collector Deluxe Gold etc.. just ordered D3 CE last time) I'll have to see if it goes on sell or drop or something

mindx2 01-05-2012 07:31 PM

Do your self a favor and GET THIS GAME!!!! It's worth the price of admission. You won't regret it :thumb:

Remember the first few "levels" are not very good or SS-like but it does get a lot better.

XJ. 01-06-2012 04:14 PM

Wow, brings me back to the original. Tons of enemies attacking and screaming at me.

JimTram 01-06-2012 04:15 PM

I like the music.

WolfSoul 01-24-2012 11:03 PM

Review...
http://www.destructoid.com/review-se...e-216475.phtml