ABXZone Computer  Forums

ABXZone Computer Forums (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/index.php)
-   Programming & Webmastering (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Windows - Building Macros (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113788)

Gorganzola 08-15-2008 01:24 PM

Windows - Building Macros

I'm looking for a utility to replace something that I once used called Perfect Keyboard Pro. Perfect Keyboard Pro doesn't seem to exist anymore and/or isn't supported.

It has to interact with the user interface of a program so that further steps can be automated.

SupDawg 08-15-2008 07:08 PM

Re: Windows - Building Macros

If it was web based, I would suggest Imacros.

iOpus | Web Browser Scripting, Web Testing, Web Scraping and Website Monitoring

Gorganzola 08-16-2008 12:06 PM

Thanks bud, unfortunately this is an app that runs locally.

rjs735 08-16-2008 05:16 PM

Gorganzola ( btw my favorite cheese) not too strong but very flavourful.

Windows automation tools, macro program, mouse utility, keyboard program and virtual desktop software and other desktop management programs

Here's the website unless I missed somthing it still is support and they have an update for the product.

It can also be found for download from majorgeeks

Gorganzola 08-16-2008 06:21 PM

Interesting. Thanks for digging that up. When I was checking things out at work the site wouldn't load. I wonder if it is our web filter that is doing me in. Either way, it looks to be exactly what I want.

rjs735 08-16-2008 06:58 PM

Don't you just love it when they make your job harder because they are trying to protect Co resources.

There was someone else posting here who was willing to gamble with his job because he wanted to find away around the Corp firewall to listen to some internet music. They shut him down because it took too much bandwidth.

I can kind of understand that. But I guess they are going overboard in your case. Probably from their stand point it not on the authorized site list. I would like to know who the people who genertate the authorized list are.

I can also bet that your Tech support people have open access that's what burns me.

I did a stint with AT&T when they were still AT&T. I went thru the same thing.

Gorganzola 08-19-2008 04:49 PM

Weird the site seems to be functioning just fine right now. I wonder if maybe they were just having connectivity issues the other day.

rjs735 08-19-2008 06:38 PM

That's what the internet has ingrained in us all that we expect all sites to be available when we need them. But as you well know maintenace sometimes rears it's ugly neck ( or should I say problems due to maintenace).

I am glad you found what you were looking for.

Gorganzola 08-21-2008 10:09 PM

They should work, but ya, maintenance happens, hehe.

Now I just have to get my project rolling that depends on this util. First the documenting and setting up the stages.

fvbounty 08-22-2016 09:39 PM

Spam