ABXZone Computer  Forums

ABXZone Computer Forums (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Software (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   PDF Reader (http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123370)

Sandog 11-16-2017 06:02 AM

PDF Reader

What do you guys use for your PDF reader? Adobe Reader DC which I just installed will not let you highlight and copy text from a PDF. That's all I want to do it copy text and print but you cannot with Adobe. Their modus operandi is to charge you $14/mo for any function you want to use in Reader. I saw a page with about 30 functions you can buy separately. :(

fvbounty 11-16-2017 07:54 AM

Re: PDF Reader

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandog (Post 1553403)
What do you guys use for your PDF reader? Adobe Reader DC which I just installed will not let you highlight and copy text from a PDF. That's all I want to do it copy text and print but you cannot with Adobe. Their modus operandi is to charge you $14/mo for any function you want to use in Reader. I saw a page with about 30 functions you can buy separately. :(

I use the one in W10....but just for reading. I just checked it will let you copy and paste...here's a link

How to use Microsoft Edge as a PDF reader in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update | Windows Central

Sandog 11-16-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvbounty (Post 1553404)
I use the one in W10....but just for reading. I just checked it will let you copy and paste...here's a link

How to use Microsoft Edge as a PDF reader in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update | Windows Central

Yeah that is what I am trying to get. I tried the print to MS PDF already.

fvbounty 11-16-2017 09:04 AM

Ok.....hope you get what you want. I was just answering your question, that is what I use, but my needs are just to open a pdf if I ever get one!

Yeah that is all I do as well is read PDF documents but sometimes I want to copy only a small segment .

Sandog 11-16-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvbounty (Post 1553408)
Ok.....hope you get what you want. I was just answering your question, that is what I use, but my needs are just to open a pdf if I ever get one!

Yeah that is all I do as well is read PDF documents but sometimes I want to copy only a small segment .

Oops, can't see on this phone lol.

fvbounty 11-16-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandog (Post 1553409)
Oops, can't see on this phone lol.

I hear you, in the evening i'm in the front room and using my phone to see if anyone post and if there is I go to my office to answer...height trying to type on a phone....lol:<:wall:

Sandog 11-16-2017 09:56 AM

Jyeah I can't see but it is better than nothing.

JimTram 11-16-2017 10:27 AM

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. This is the full blown expensive version of the software. Been using it a lifetime now. Upgrade it about every 6 years. Costs $200 to upgrade. $400 when new.

Nitro Pro is a cheaper alternative.

I need encryption, so the Acrobat reader will not work for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandog (Post 1553403)

fvbounty 11-16-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimTram (Post 1553414)
I use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. This is the full blown expensive version of the software. Been using it a lifetime now. Upgrade it about every 6 years. Costs $200 to upgrade. $400 when new.

Nitro Pro is a cheaper alternative.

I need encryption, so the Acrobat reader will not work for me.

I won't ask why you need that....I guess if I did you would have to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :ahhhhh:

JimTram 11-16-2017 11:46 AM

Don't ask. :lol: Not any more. I am too old.

Interesting thing, Mac OS comes with a built-in PDF Reader that has encryption.

FF handles PDF the best, as it does not leave pre-encrypted files in any temp directory. D/l files open-up directly in Adobe. Chrome does almost the same, but sometimes you have the zap the temp file.