View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #95
Sandog

Re: * Xonar Essence STX...WOW *

Well I am still feeling good that my audio device doesn't disappear any longer. I installed the new STXII UNi-Xonar drivers yesterday. These drivers are without the ASUS/CMedia control panels and offer very low DPC latency. They disable the GX audio enhancement (similar to EAX) which can cause issues in games. Most older games rely on audio effects processing but newer games have the effects already incorporated into the game soundtrack. In other words, I get the most audio fidelity out of the card without utilities and effects processing that I do not need and I'm using less resources. It is not too dissimilar from USB audio.

I want my audio system to work well and for me to do nothing but change the volume knob or plug unplug the headphones. That is where I have it right now and it could not be any better.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote