View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
Sandog

Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

Well guys, this is a very desirable mobo in my book. I always seem to move on to a new mobo but this seems like a great board to hang my hat on. It is basically a much sweeter version of the original Rampage V that my hat was hanging on.

ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | Motherboards | ASUS USA

First off the original Rampage V Extreme are all out of stock. These high end enthusiast boards do not hang around long and I do not want to miss the 10th Anniversary Edition. I keep a close eye on these things and remember how slim available the Rampage IV Black Edition was. IMO, the new RVE10 is also a Black Edition, ASUS just called it something better since it is also the 10th year anniversary of the ROG mobo's. The board is all black and has the same makeover as the X79 Black Edition like more SATA ports and better audio.

The key features I really like is the looks. I like the red gone really except for LED's but all the red plastic headers and connectors can go. I also love the rear built-in I/O panel. My current one is not lined up and it is the board because it is so warped. When I get my board uninstalled I am going to take a pic so I can post it here how warped my mobo is. It is due to it being so thin IMO. The new RVE10 is straight as an arrow. I have seen pics of the side and the back with the huge back plate. All the connectors are lined up perfectly in the rear because of the built in plate.

I also like the steel reinforced PCI slots as well as the LED's. I also like the high-quality onboard audio and especially the front audio panel with premium 6.5mm audio jack and volume knob. This will be the home for my new AKG headphones and I will get rid of the ROG OC Panel.

I will be getting this board soon while it is available. I am psyched about having such a good looking, sturdy mobo, and also having it be a 10th Anniversary ROG mobo. That is something special for sure and I am sure ASUS feels a lot of pride in this mobo. It will surely be a collectors edition IMO. Not only that, the ASUS STRIX 1080 is getting high marks for it's design quality and LED output. I will have to get one to go with this most awesome mobo. Later, I hope the i7-6850K price goes down as I will have to get one of those to.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sandog; 06-23-2016 at 06:14 PM..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]