View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Playstation VR Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandog View Post
Congrats Zap. I know you like gaming. What about the Occulus Rift? I thought that was the premier 3D platform.
Thanks Sandog.

Well, I've been pursuing a lounge/bean bag gaming experience for a while.
I got the PS4 a while back and then a special controller (keypad and joystick) for that purpose. One disappointment after PC, of course, was the drop in image quality. But as you know a good game can overcome that if done right. Immersion is king,

VR offered the possibility of an alternative immersive gaming experience to PC, one where image quality isnt the key factor.

Building on my PS4 setup, while not exactly cheap, was still a more cost effective option than the OR while also achieving the lounge gaming/bean bag experience.

If virtual gaming turns out to be a killer app for me then I might consider OR and a dedicated rig for it.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."

Last edited by zapionics<alt>; 11-04-2017 at 06:18 PM..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote