View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #20
fvbounty

Re: Intel'sŪ Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandog View Post
You should beat me handily with your new 7820X. I have to basically OC my CPU by 40% to reach your CPU. The thing is though I believe if you run benchmarks at stock your power will be still equal to mine.

Can't wait for you to get your system FVB so we can compare. You gotta run a bunch of benchmarks so you will need IXTU/AIDA64/HWMonitor etc.

One thing I should mention though with your new system. Your are really holding yourself back by your video card and not the 4970K. I watched a few videos the other day on what a 10yr old and 5yr old card can still do. The 980 is equivalent to the 1060. It all depends on what you want to do. If you have a 3440 wide screen at max 60Hz then find games you would like to play using ultra settings and see if your 980 can handle that.

That is a quick way to rate a card. Get a review with the card running a modern game on ultra settings that matches your resolution and refresh rate. If the card can still run 30 average FPS then it is good. When I had a chance to pick a 1080 or 1080Ti I read neither was powerful enough to run 4K on Ultra but the Ti could handle multi monitors better which was not my case. The 1080 can handle most games on ultra on a single monitor.
My 980Ti is still good enough, played Doom at 1440 ultra no problems. This upgrade really for me is just about building a new rig and picking parts, I really don't use my rig that I have now to its fullest. You and Skully sucked me in....lol
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote