View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 01:48 PM   #1572
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Quote:
Originally posted by SlackerXL
That's more like it...
Koine =common = "κοινή"
Anyway .....
Pointreyes I'm impressed.....
Thanks.

My wife is much more impressive though. She is one smart cookie (Well, except for marrying me. )

She went for one term in college in Italy. She can speak Spanish, French, and Italian. She is home schooling our kids and they are actually learning Spanish and French.

I might teach them ASL (American Sign Language). When they get much older I will probaby be teaching them Koine Greek and I hope to start learning Hebrew so that I can impart some of that to my kids. I have had French, German, and ASL (which is a language) but ASL and Koine Greek seems to be my strong points. ASL was actually developed by Americans learning how French monks would communciate without breaking the vow of silence. Hence, ASL is actually using topic first like the French language. ASL is more French than American. The real kicker on ASL is that I'm left handed but I sign with my right hand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote