View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #13
Sandog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBar
U are not saying the whole truth though. In my opinion the excitement about the new prescott, 915/925 line shouldn't be about ICH6, onboard audio and PCI-E. It should be about cpu performance and oc'ing ability and both are worse in most cases compared to a northwood...
Hey Joebar, I am not trying to pitch the Intel board to you and leaving out the bad, I am giving reason to the other poster why I am getting the board. He said there are no improvements.

On OCing, the Intel board doesn't OC anyway (4% tops). But from what I've read about Prescott CPU's they are great OC'rs. Review say performance is equal for equal clocked CPU's compared to Northwood but Prescott has newer extensions and will have other features soon like the halt function, etc. and go up to 4GHz later. Also the other mobo's are suppose to get around the 10% limit.

Anyway, I've stated my reasons why I like the board and will be getting it. I really like the PBZ and I think this board will be better. The Prescott is only going to get better also. I was already on water with Northwoods, so I am all set up for Prescotts hehehe.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote