View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Drufuss

Re: openSuse 11.0, smooth but not flawless.

Now that my wireless connection works (it was a bumpy road, but not too hard), working audio (and old, unnecessary flaw but easy to solve once you know it) and working hardware 3d (just run the file from ati, everything works) i'm very happy with it.

The software-installation/update feature works flawless, and adding additonal repositories is easy. I haven't tried the "one-click-install" features from the opensuse website,but may do so as soon as i get broadband connection(by the end of the month my isdn is gone and i'll highspeedsurf the net).

Only "problem" i still have is watching dvd's/videos. Discs are recognized, menu and features are available, only playback is kinda "flickering". But this seems to be related to compiz in some way. Didn't have the time to really test this so far.

Greetings

Dru
4 x 8GB DDR3-Ram PC3-2400 Kingston Beast XMP
3 x Samsung 840 EvoO 1 TB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX970 G1 Gaming (watercooled)
Soundblaster ZxR, Hauppauge HVR4400 DVB-T/S2, Logitech Z-5450 5.1 THX Wireless
Logitech DiNovo MediaDesktop 2.0
Enermax Platimax 750W
Pump: Laing DDC2
Radiator: Watercool Mo-Ra 3 420
Case: Cooltek Antiphon
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit retail

CUSL2-C ruled! ..äh... RulEd!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Time flies like an arrow,
fruit flies like a banana.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote