Thread: UPS died!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #185
Re: UPS died!

Originally Posted by fvbounty View Post
Sandog here's a cyperpower at Costco and its a 900 watt one, and the best price right now...

CyberPower 1400VA / 900Watts True Sine Wave Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
I thought you retired from fishing FVB lol.

I was actually planning on upgrading to a new UPS a month ago. And it is the one Jim has. The reason was I kept getting warnings when using the new APEX and 10-core when I went to 450W. Also, I do not want to use my APEX as a cell phone battery charger and I notice the CP1350 has front USB ports.

...but...I stopped the notification so now I don't get it any longer and also, I found a dual USB A/C adapter in my drawer. My monitor bias lighting and my phone battery charging cable are now both plugged into the wall and not the PC. In fact, I am down to only 3 USB cables now. I use to have 7. It is all good.

Also one more thing. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a new battery for my UPS. I remembered that my UPS is going on 6yrs old and I thought well a fresh battery would do the trick for the notifications. I ordered one and then I remembered that I had already changed it about 3mos ago. I got nervous that I could not even remember that. I dug up my receipt and made a note of when I got it. So anyway, I went to return the battery (PowerSonic) and Amazon would not take it back for hazard reasons. So without asking they credited the total cost of the battery. Now I have an extra battery sitting on my desk waiting 5yrs to get used lol.

My CyberPower UPS is rocking. When I was hitting 450+ watts and it was notifying me I would only have two minutes of up time, I was not concerned. I do not plan on gaming when I lose power and if I was I would exit and it would go up to 10-15min up time. That's plenty of time to get ducks in a row, check weather, etc. and shut down. Then I would use my cell phone to go online if I had to.

Anyway, I am not in the market any longer for a UPS but thanks, that looks like a nice one at Costco. I could not find it on CyberPowers website but I don't think it is a PFC Sinewave model.
Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i9-7900X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200MHz C16 CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-ROG / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Samsung 850 Pro SATA 1TB / Ducky Shine 3 YOTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS OC Panel / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote