View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 04:37 AM   #2
k0NG0
Remembering TQ

Re: Linux is about to take over the low end of PCs

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. There's nothing to say that MS won't cut XP prices by 75% a year from now, sell support for a fee and create a community site/wiki for all other "default" support. It still isn't free, but it comes close, allows them to still squeeze some money out of an OS that has paid for itself ten times over by now and still offer superior hardware support compared to GNU/Linux.

I also like how he characterized Ubuntu (thus by extension GNU/Linux) as ready for the desktop just because Michael Dell uses it. Dell who started the company in his dorm building computers, which means he actually knows how to fiddle with them. He certainly isn't Joe Sixpack who only knows about the power button and how the CD is a neat cup holder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Feeling multicore elation? Remember this correlation:
(Offline)   Reply With Quote