View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #22
polonyc2
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
Here's one of their more favourable reviews

(And if you think I shouldn't be expecting S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to be as good as Far Cry, for example, then think again because I always expect new and highly hyped games to be at least as good as past highly hyped games...

But maybe they've made a mistake, (which they sometimes do), and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. will be as good as Far Cry. I hope so.

[edit] here's another one. Notice the gushy description. Notice how any defects are considered "minor" and overuled by all the good points. This is a good review.
Notice the "Editors Choice" on both these reviews. This is what I was hoping for in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., otherwise its just another game. Dont forget how long this game has been in development and all the hype!

But as I said, I dont mean to give the impression they didnt say some favourable things about the game.
I'm not understanding your point...sounds like you want S.T.A.L.K.E.R or any other new "highly hyped" game to be perfect in every way...a game does not have to beat its predecessor to be considedered a great game in my eyes...if S.T.A.L.K.E.R is worse then Far Cry so be it as long as the game as a whole is enjoyable and unique in some way...and the review from GameSpot gave it an 85, meaning they are taking the flaws into consideration...their reviews are pretty accurate in my opinion most of the time...and those 2 links of reviews for Riddick and Far Cry seem very fair to me....they gave the game pretty accurate scores

I hope ST.A.L.K.E.R is half way as good as that review made it seem, if so I know I'm going to enjoy it a lot
G.Skill Ripjaw Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 *****
G.Skill Falcon I 256GB SSD
Lian Li PC-A70B (black)
***** Corsair HX850W
AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 *****
Creative Inspire P5800 5.1 speakers
Lite-On IHAS424
***** NEC 2490WUXi LCD
Windows 10 Home 64-bit *****
NZXT Sentry 2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller
Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 ***** Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 (Black)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote