View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #47
Sandog
CLUB ROG VI APEX

Re: Asus rog rampage v edition 10

Well I had a powerful good scare last night. I had my wifes Anker Astro battery pack plugged into the front panel USB 3.0 port to charge for the weekend. After I turned off my PC and then rebooted nothing happened. I had no front panel lights to the power buttons. I could not get my PC to come on for anything and there was this 1300mAh battery sitting there still plugged in a fully charged. I was beginning to realize I probably shouldn't have been using my PC to charge such a powerful battery and it back-fed into the system when I powered down.

The only thing keeping me from pooping in my pants was I had mobo LED's still but all else was dead. No fans at all including the power supply fan and no beeps or signs of life. I started pulling the AC plug and switching my mobo buttons to start it. Nothing would start it and I thought I was in trouble because all that was left to do was to reflash but the mobo was dead and wouldn't reflash anyway. The only other options I had left to do and I didn't have much faith in was to remove all the power plugs from the mobo or to remove the CMOS battery. After removing all the power plugs and then reattaching them my mobo came to life.

This morning I remembered a fellow was having trouble here with his new mobo locking up so maybe this is what I experienced as well but I know one thing I am not going to plug the Anker into my PC anymore.
Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i9-7900X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200MHz C16 CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-ROG / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Samsung 850 Pro SATA 1TB / Ducky Shine 3 YOTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS OC Panel / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote