View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
chuckbam
Personal Advocate

Re: I think I am sticking w/ Vista .... ie8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_EE View Post
Have you tried the accelerators in IE8? For me this is one of the biggest improvements in a browser since the tabs. In my case, to highlight an item, right click and google search is awsome.

I have to admit that I really don't care about performance hits if I like a feature.

Looking at your sig, I agree that you probably won't notice a performance differenct. Here is a rundown of some feature differences. Windows 7 vs. Vista - the major features make the new OS better
Most of the security features I would disable. The only thing I would want (that I can see) is the updated Experience Index.

I do like that the 32-bit ver reads more than 3.5GB of RAM. But, I have the 64-bit Vista and using 12GB of memory. My notebook flys with 2GBs and a stripped down Vista 32-bit.

Don't get me wrong, on a new system, I would buy Win7 (unless Vista was real cheap). Just don't see any reason to "upgrade".

-
Intel i7-4930K (Turbo 4.6 GHz), ASUS P9X79, Corsair Hydro Series H100i, 32GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical (1866 @ 9-9-9-27 T2), EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB (Short Size), Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD, Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad-tuner, SeaSonic 750W 80 Plus Gold, Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Case.

Last edited by chuckbam; 08-07-2009 at 12:33 AM..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote