ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 04-28-2005, 04:46 PM   #16
phalinx
The SilentSentinel

Underwater Mike

You're welcome.

Cheers

Phalinx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #17
DonkeyPunch-
The Donkeypuncher

Hey guys, I have never folded on a Pentium before and noticed that my CPU usage is at 50% all the time....I thought about it and I guess it makes sense due to HT, but can somebody confirm this for me?

Also, if I wanted to run 2 clients so I could use the rest of that CPU power, all I would need to do is install another directory correct?

Thanks

Memory: Corsair ValueSelect 512x2 PC3200 2.7V
Video: ATI Radeon 9700Pro
Power Supply: Antec Truepower 430w
Case: Antec P160
Storage: 2x75GB Seagate RAID-0
200GB WD
CD/DVD: BenQ Dual-Layer DVD+-RW 2x16x4x16
O/S: Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 10-18-2005, 02:09 PM   #18
Underwater Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch-
Hey guys, I have never folded on a Pentium before and noticed that my CPU usage is at 50% all the time....I thought about it and I guess it makes sense due to HT, but can somebody confirm this for me?

Also, if I wanted to run 2 clients so I could use the rest of that CPU power, all I would need to do is install another directory correct?

Thanks
You are right on both counts.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:14 PM   #19
FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch-

Thanks
it doesn't not equate to double production though. only about 33% boost, but still 33% more than if you only had 1 client running

Old 10-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #20
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

I'm assuming DonkeyPunch you are going to be folding with 2 text consoles on your P4 machine.

Here are the instructions to fold 2 text consoles at the same time:
Create 2 folders for each console on your PC, such as FAH1 and FAH2, copy the FAH502-Console.exe file to each folder, create a shortcut for each FAH502-Console on your desktop, call them FAH1 and FAH2, right-click on the shortcut, add under the target field at the end without the quotes "-local -forceasm", and save the changes. Do this also for the other console. Run FAH1, setup the username & team number as prompted, setup the other options as requested. If you have more than 512MB or more memory, you can enable large work units so that your machine can fold work units worth a lot of points. Run FAH2 and setup the options again like you did with FAH1.

If you want to fold 450 point QMDs on your P4 machine and have at least 512MB of memory, make sure that the option to fold workunits greater than 5MB is enabled and add '-advmethods' to the target field for the shortcut that was created. 450 point QMDs fold pretty quickly and have a high points per week.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

Old 10-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #21
DonkeyPunch-
The Donkeypuncher

Thanks for explaining that

I was going to run 2 consoles, but I'm on a work computer that only has 512mb and some apps are already slow

This thing is shelling out WU's pretty quickly, it's almost surprising me. Then I noticed i had smaller WU's coming out Either way, once I get these other computers running well and uninstall all the garbage that Dell and other idiots have put on them, I'll have 4 more computers folding for us.

Keep em goin!

Memory: Corsair ValueSelect 512x2 PC3200 2.7V
Video: ATI Radeon 9700Pro
Power Supply: Antec Truepower 430w
Case: Antec P160
Storage: 2x75GB Seagate RAID-0
200GB WD
CD/DVD: BenQ Dual-Layer DVD+-RW 2x16x4x16
O/S: Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 12-02-2005, 02:35 AM   #22
Mr_Schmo

Thumbs up Folding Team

Count me in. I can fold a few units on my unit....
Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 PM   #23
Ozzie
CRS Designee

Welcome aboard!

Nice!!
I just saw this post Mr_Schmo...thank you for joining our team!!

And welcome to ABX...I hope you enjoy our forums...and get hooked on folding...:hearts:
Let us know what we can do to help.

Change is the only constant in life

Old 12-25-2005, 07:33 AM   #24
Aggemam

Is it possible to run F@H as a service and still use arguments, fx advmethods and forceasm?

Old 12-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #25
VSEKH
Fold for ABX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggemam
Is it possible to run F@H as a service and still use arguments, fx advmethods and forceasm?
You need to add the extra options into the registry. Do a search for FAH in your registry.
Folding Rig:Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, Powercolor X300SE, Audigy2zs, 4G DDR2-800 Mushkin memory, Plextor PX-760, Pair of 74GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & Seagate 750GB SATA drives, PC Power & Cooling 610 watt PSU, Coolermaster Cosmos case

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus Formula SE, Intel QX9650 cooled with a Zalman 9700NT, EVGA 8800GTX, 4GB of GSkill DDR2-1000, Audigy XFi fatality, Samsung 203B, Pair of 150GB WD Raptors in Raid0 & 1TB Hitachi Sata hard drives, PC Power & Cooling 750 watt PSU, Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 case

Old 12-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #26
Aggemam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSEKH
You need to add the extra options into the registry. Do a search for FAH in your registry.
Thanks VSEKH, I found it. For others wanting to do the same, do a search for "svcstart", it'll take you directly to the string that needs to be edited.