ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 07-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #16
switch_abx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointreyes View Post
I find MS' free server to limited compared to VMware's free server. Plus if you are running a dual-core system then the VMware offerings are considerably better since they support two procs.
But there is a standard version and an enterprise version. The enterprise version, also free, supports two processors and more, as far as I know. And in addition Release 2 and SP1 make a difference to the originally issued version. You may want to give that a try now.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 07-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #17
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch_abx View Post
But there is a standard version and an enterprise version. The enterprise version, also free, supports two processors and more, as far as I know. And in addition Release 2 and SP1 make a difference to the originally issued version. You may want to give that a try now.
Will the Enterprise version allow you to run Windows 2000? The latest version of VPC 2007 will not allow you to install Windows 2000 (only XP and up). I suspect MS will do the same thing with either Server 2005 or the next release. And what about the latest version of Solaris?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:15 AM   #18
switch_abx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointreyes View Post
Will the Enterprise version allow you to run Windows 2000? The latest version of VPC 2007 will not allow you to install Windows 2000 (only XP and up). I suspect MS will do the same thing with either Server 2005 or the next release. And what about the latest version of Solaris?
SP1 supports the latest Solaris version, if I remember well. As well as SLES 10 (Novell's Suse Linux Enterprise Server).
Old 07-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #19
switch_abx

Windows Server 2008 (Longhorn)

Virtualization software will be included in the upcoming Windows Server 2008, expectedly to be launched in February 2008.