ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Russell

How do I install the gadget toolbar?

:newbie:

I just started on Vista. The gadget toolbar looks really cool, but I don't know how to set it up. Can someone tell me how I can do that, and integrate it with Outlook?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
airman
ABXpert

Are you talking about the Windows sidebar that is on the right side of Vista desktop as default setting. You should be able to enable it in the control panel or from the right hand taskbar Is that what you were asking about or is it gadgets in the opera broswer. What version of Vista are you running.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laptop HP Pavilion dv9720US 17.3 Wide Screen Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit Family Mobile
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on Asus P5Q Pro Turbo/Intel C2D6750 2.66/Zalman Cooler/4gig memory/Sapphire HD6770 Vapor-X/DVR2250/Antec PS 550 watt/HT Omega Sound card/Antec P-182 Gun Metal Case/ My System
Windows 7 Ultimate 32/ Asus P5P800SE MB/ P-D 945 3.4gig/3gig memory/HD1600 ATI/Antec 550 PS/Antec Case SLK3000B Wifes System Plus numerious hard drives and burners etc in all systems
Old 06-11-2010, 04:06 AM   #3
kimerajamm

Re: How do I install the gadget toolbar?

1. Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar (it looks like the image to the left). If you do not see this icon, click the "Show Hidden Icons" arrow (it looks like the image to the right), then right-click the Windows Sidebar icon.

2. Choose "Add Gadgets".

A Gadget Gallery will appear similar to the below screenshot where you can choose from a variety of pre-installed gadgets. Double-click a gadget to add it to the sidebar.
Or

You can go online to download more gadgets by clicking "Get more gadgets online". This opens a webpage as shown below where you can download a wide variety of pre-made gadgets from Microsoft and third-parties.
To install a gadget, just view the gadget details page. Click the "Download to Sidebar" to the right of the gadget on the details page as shown in the below screenshot.

You may then be prompted by your web browser what you wish to do with the file. If you choose to save the file, you will need to double-click it to install the gadget. Opening the file will automatically start the installation process. However, another security warning may appear, asking you to decide whether or not you wish to install the Windows Sidebar gadget.