ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
maraud

Favorites

Recently I have lost the ability to delete an item from my favorites list. Up until now I could right click on a folder or item in a folder, click delete and it would be removed from favorites. Now if I click on a folder or item in the folder it throws me off of the internet and places me back on the desktop. Since I am on Verizon/Yahoo I contacted them and they say it is nothing that they did .I have been unable to find a fix. I am using XP and IE8.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
fvbounty

Re: Favorites

I did a quick google serch and came up with this....

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Go to C:\Documents & Settings\<profile name>\favorites
3. From there you can easily delete, rename, etc.

I just use the highlight and right click method myself!
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
maraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvbounty View Post
I did a quick google serch and came up with this....

1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Go to C:\Documents & Settings\<profile name>\favorites
3. From there you can easily delete, rename, etc.

I just use the highlight and right click method myself!
Thanks, that gets me to a place that I can at least delete but I hope that someone can allow me to delete the easy way like I used to be able to delete.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
fvbounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maraud View Post
Thanks, that gets me to a place that I can at least delete but I hope that someone can allow me to delete the easy way like I used to be able to delete.
Are you using Xmarks to save your favorites, if you are try uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling it, it seems something is wrong with it....Here's the link to Xmarks, great program, saves all your favorites in IE, Firefox, and Chrome and it does it automaticly....

Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
maraud

Quote:
Are you using Xmarks to save your favorites, if you are try uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling it, it seems something is wrong with it....Here's the link to Xmarks, great program, saves all your favorites in IE, Firefox, and Chrome and it does it automaticly....

Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search
I am using the normal IE8. I am not familiar with Xmarks.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
fvbounty

Quote:
I am using the normal IE8. I am not familiar with Xmarks.
Its a online service to save your bookmarks or favorites, sign up download and install on IE8 and it will save all your favorites and when ever you get a new one it will save it automatically, I just brought that up so its a easy way of saving your favorites before uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling it to fix your problem!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
maraud

Quote:
Its a online service to save your bookmarks or favorites, sign up download and install on IE8 and it will save all your favorites and when ever you get a new one it will save it automatically, I just brought that up so its a easy way of saving your favorites before uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling it to fix your problem!
Thanks, I just downloaded Xmark and it has a much better delete option than the one from MS. Its delete is very similar to the one I lost on IE8.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
fvbounty

Quote:
Thanks, I just downloaded Xmark and it has a much better delete option than the one from MS. Its delete is very similar to the one I lost on IE8.
I love Xmarks, it not only remembers all your favorites but it will set up IE8 with the links you use the most(I have all my favorite links at the top of the page just under the address bar) and when you do a new install and put Xmarks on your computer it will install all your favorites and setup your links bar with a click of the mouse!