ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 12-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
MaryLeahClark

Replied to mail no longer falling in chronological order, but now I must expand origi

"Replied to mail" is no longer falling in chronological order, but now I must expand original email to find replys.

I usually am able to sort my email chronologically, so that the latest emails are on top.

But now if an email comes in that was a response or reply to an older mail it is automatically filed under the original email. A little white box is created that has a blue plus sign. If I expand that blue+ sign I can find the responses and replies.

This is a big problem for me: Here is an example: I will go to recieve email and I will be told that I am recieivng 3 emails, but none are visible, so I have to go looking thru the boxes. Some of my emails could have 20 different reply emails, and they could be from months ago. this is causing me to miss or overlook emails.

Is this a result of an update or have I changed a default?

Thanks for help.

Mary
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 12-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Re: Replied to mail no longer falling in chronological order, but now I must expand o

Hi Mary,

You might try using the System Restore function in Windows to restore your system to a date prior to when the problem appeared. That will not affect your data files, although any program installations or updates which occurred subsequently may have to be repeated.

What e-mail program and what operating system are you using?

Regards,
-- Al
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
MaryLeahClark

Re: Replied to mail no longer falling in chronological order, but now I must expand o

Vista Windows mail 6.06.

Its crazy....it just started doing this, I must have changed a default or got an update.

thanks
Old 12-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Under the "View" menu in the email program, see if a selection indicating "Group Messages by Conversation" (or something similar) is checked. If so, one of the other alternatives listed there should correspond to your previous setting.

Hope that helps,
-- Al
Old 12-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
MaryLeahClark

thank you so much!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Glad I was able to help, Mary. And to ABXZone!

Best regards,

-- Al
ABXZone Moderator