ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
yossisiegel

"setup failed to open the windows image file"

During the setup of vista beta 2, right after i enter the product key ,i got this message "setup failed to open the windows image file" = i reburned the image onto a dvd+r at the slowest speed, still same message, after which the setup quits, any ideas?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 06-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
dazzlin
Elite Members

Despite the fact that you tried reburning it, it still sounds like a bad burn. Or the download got corrupted maybe.
forum or check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. [/B][/COLOR]
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
ello81

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossisiegel
During the setup of vista beta 2, right after i enter the product key ,i got this message "setup failed to open the windows image file" = i reburned the image onto a dvd+r at the slowest speed, still same message, after which the setup quits, any ideas?
yes i got the same as you and it is because your downloaded image is not 3.2 gb -yours is probably less than this size ,maybe 2 gb. So download it again ( hope U got an unlimited account for download with someone or it costs U more $ )
Old 06-21-2006, 08:49 AM   #4
dazzlin
Elite Members

Apparently, this is a common problem, and one that the Vista team has an answer for - and it has to do with trying to burn the DVD at a speed that is too fast or using the wrong media for the speed of your drive. All the details are in the post titled DVD Burning in Windows Vista Beta 2 CPP.
forum or check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. [/B][/COLOR]
Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #5
SabyAlexo

Re: "setup failed to open the windows image file"

try winrar