ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 09-16-2004, 02:56 AM   #1
FrancisSlach

XP Crash and no Safe Mode !!!

Hi all,

Yesterday, I made an update of Kerio Personal FireWall. After this installation, XP Pro crashes every time when rebooting. A nice blue screen

Then I tried to boot in safe mode to remove Kerio... It won't work
XP crashes +- 5s after displaying the logon window. So, why safe mode isn't available ?

Now I have a second problem. With the safe mode not working, I accessed a XP command prompt through the Repair Console when booting from the installation disk. I can see all my disks, I disabled the service for Kerio and the blue screen still appears. Now, my question. I'm logged as Administrator in this Repair Console but I always receive a "Permission denied" when I'm trying to copy my personnal folders from "Documents and Setting". Is this normal ? Is there a way around ? My goal is to retrieve some personnal data before a clean re-install of XP.

Francis...

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 05-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
westcoast

Re: XP Crash and no Safe Mode !!!

There is a way to recover your OS without the Safe more access by manually restoring the registry hives. The process is easy - just follow the steps on this blog.

codewars.net/2011/windows/system-recovery-with-no-safe-mode-access/

Hope it works for you. Good Luck!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
roncalion

Re: XP Crash and no Safe Mode !!!

It's hard to know what can happen. But the most intelligent in these cases is not waste too much time looking for the error. Remove the hard drive and place it on another computer. Copy the data you want saved and formats the hard drive.