ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-01-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
neojapsz

Question How can I fix Hard Drive cluster problems which causes BSOD and Kernel errors?

Past few months been having BSOD come up with errors like kernel stack inpage error, STOP 0x0000000024
happens about once a week so I hoped it would fix itself.

Recently I bought a new hard drive though that I want to swap with my old one, this is where ive run into problems, I have Powerquest Drive Image 5 so ive tried copying my old hard drive to the new one but it wonít have it, I got loads of errors from drive image like.

Error 1561 partition improperly dismounted

Error 1534 cluster crosslinked or not allocated

error 1609 lost clusters

Only thing ive tried is running chkdsk, ive typed chkdsk /f but it found nothing at all.

Iím guessing my BSOD and the error messages in drive image are related?

Iím thinking of buying Acronis True Image 11 (anyone know where I can get it on offer), is that still the best back up program? I could do with updating Drive Image anyway and hopefully it may be able to copy my hard drive
Creative Audigy 2
Nvidia Geforce 6200
Plextor PX-760A, Plextor 48/24/48A
Pioneer DVR-111BK, Sony Optiarc 7200A
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
TheMatrix
Asus Aficionado

Re: How can I fix Hard Drive cluster problems which causes BSOD and Kernel errors?

I was going to recommend Acronis Drive Image. I believe you can go to their home page and do a try before you buy type of deal. It does work. Double check your event logs and verify that after running chkdsk /f you have 0 bad sectors. You can also verify that you have bad sectors by attempting to run Disk Defrag. This utility will not run if bad sectors are found. It will only run after it's fixed. The errors that the third-party software is reporting indicates you've got some bad sectors on your drive. If it's a false positive, you may find that your problem follows you to the new drive.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
SRTDodge05
Grab Life By The Balls

Re: How can I fix Hard Drive cluster problems which causes BSOD and Kernel errors?

Some info i found.

"The first step to take is to use on the on-board error-checking utility that windows provides. First I would boot into safe mode by pressing F8 when you first turn on your pc and select the administrator account to login to. Next go My Computer and right click on the C: drive, go to properties and select the tools tab. There you will see the error-checking utility which will try to repair some of the errors on the drive. It will not correct all but will help out a little bit.

The next step is to get a hard disk utility called Flobo Hard Disk Repair version 1.5. You can download a free 30-day trial which you can use to repair the bad sectors as well as monitor the status of your hard drive. It uses SMART technology to monitor and repair you hard drive.

Between these two repair tools you should be able to correct the problem on your hard drive. If you are still having problems you might want to consider backing up your data and replacing the hard drivea altogether. Just because the hard drive has not completely crashed doesn't mean that it is alright. The drive could be failing and eventually crash and then it would be too late. So before doing any repair work on your pc I would highly recommend backing up your data just in case something goes wrong during the repair process or having to replace the hard drive."

Download Flobo Hard Disk Repair 1.5 Free Trial - Flobo Hard Disk Repair includes: bad sector repair tool, test speed, S.M.A.R.T. information, surface test - Softpedia

I would also find the software for your hard drive and run that program to see if that will fix the drive.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
2tool

cluster problems i think its in kernel though i am not a computer geek or whatsoever but i hired Salvage service to fix it

here is the url may be they can help you as well

www salvagedata com
Old 02-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
mcmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tool View Post
cluster problems i think its in kernel though i am not a computer geek or whatsoever but i hired Salvage service to fix it

Maybe you meant they hired YOU. I could be wrong, though. It's possible. I will even apologize in advance if I am.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
AudiovoxJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tool View Post

here is the url may be they can help you as well

www salvagedata com
Have u used them before? If so are they legit?