ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
plainman007

Simple Problem. How to avoid the login screen during system startup.

I have my system setup with windows xp pro. I have an administrator user account created but with no password or anything.

Everytime i hibernate and restore to work on the system it stands at the login screen showing my user account name and asking if me to click on the user name to enter.

In the beginning i didnt have this problem. Only after freshly loading windows xp pro. I have tried control userpasswords2 from the run menu. Still doesnt work. I have tried tweak UI plugin to customize it and have enabled autologin for my username. Still i land up with a login screen.

Is there something like disable user fast switching or something like that i have to enable/disable ??

Plz help its a little urgent.

Thank you all in advance.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 02-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
radeonized2

Re: Simple Problem. How to avoid the login screen during system startup.

I disable the service but do not hibernate. try it and see and if it works
Old 02-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
plainman007

Hi Chief,

Any idea where i can find the fast users logging panel to enable or disable this. Suddenly my mind is blank and i cant remember where i can find it. But i tried the users panel in the CP and cant find it there.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
radeonized2

R-click on my computer/manage/services. R-click on fast user switching in the menu/disable. Like I said I do not use hibernation so the next service I also disable is secondary log in. Try it, but at your own risk as I do not know how this will affect hibernation. I untick hibernation in the power properties dialog.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #5
plainman007

Hey Radeon, I found the menu for fast user switching in the User Panel. Maybe i was so distracted i didnt notice it the first time. However i deactivated fast user switching and now it doesnt land on a login screen. Just what i needed. Thanks for writing.

Regards
Old 02-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
AudiovoxJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainman007 View Post
In the beginning i didnt have this problem. Only after freshly loading windows xp pro. I have tried control userpasswords2 from the run menu. Still doesnt work. I have tried tweak UI plugin to customize it and have enabled autologin for my username. Still i land up with a login screen.

Is there something like disable user fast switching or something like that i have to enable/disable ??

Plz help its a little urgent.

Thank you all in advance.

I had this problem as well with XP Pro but was never able to fix it until reinstalled Operating System
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
plainman007

Oh god. Did you try installing Tweak UI 2.0 application/plugin for windows xp. It can help with a host of such customisations and issues. The key to this is in the user accounts panel. Alternatively START > RUN > control userpasswords2 might work. Also the 'use classic logon' setting in windows might help.