ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Pay TV piracy hits Murdoch

There's some very interesting stuff coming out of investigations into News Corp and the state of pay TV.

A secret unit within Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation promoted a wave of high-tech piracy in Australia that damaged Austar, Optus and Foxtel at a time when News was moving to take control of the Australian pay TV industry...

The ... investigation has revealed a global trail of corporate dirty tricks directed against competitors by a secretive group of former policemen and intelligence officers within News Corp, known as Operational Security...

The AFR is publishing thousands of the emails on its website
(Australian Financial Review.)

Story here

News Corp has categorically denied any involvement.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Re: Pay TV piracy hits Murdoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysoft View Post
... if you want to test a forum to see if they are funded or supported by a big CAS company quoted on that book, just post this post and if they remove it, ban the user, it would definitely mean that the forum is owned by that large CAS.
Simply put, this is nonsense.

Regards,
-- Al