ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Private devices and work

I'm just wondering about employee phones or laptops being used at work and if they are running VM's to meet security requirements of the employer?
I guess ppl might be asked to accept Hypervisor installations on their phone for example.
Is this happening? I don't have this issue in my working life so far, and I don't think I'd accept it now either. My phone, laptop snd iPad are private property.

Actually, just on this issue; I expect employers to provide materials and tools to employees, not the other way around! I guess execs started using their Blackberries for private use which may have given employers the idea of getting employees to fund those tools.

Any one experiencing any of this?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
DBoone
Just call me Dave

Re: Private devices and work

I'm using my own iPad at work. I really like using it during meetings for taking notes and keeping track of e-mail rather that lugging the laptop around.

And since it's mine I have personal apps on it that I can use during breaks and lunch.