ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 07-07-2006, 06:48 AM   #1
Scorpion

Epson Perfection 1250 scanner driver problem

I have a Epson Perfection 1250 Photo scanner. It want install in Vista Beta2 edition. When I try to install the driver from the original disc, the install stops in the middle of the install. I have tried to copy all files from the disc to the hard disk and install the software as the first install after installing Vista from scratch. Now the software installs, but not the twain driver.I also have tried to download the latest edition of the driver from epson.com, with the same result.Vista finds the scanner as Epson Scanner 010F. I have also tried to download different versions of the twain driver. Anybody having this problem, and what may I do to solve my problem. I have no other problems whatsoever with Vista, and are very satisfied with the package.

John
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 07-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #2
dazzlin
Elite Members

Have you tried not installing the software, and just letting Windows decide what it is on its own? If so, and it's still not working, I assume Epson will have to come out with a better driver. Or perhaps, someone will drop by here who has solved the problem already. Anyone?
forum or check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. [/B][/COLOR]
Old 07-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
I have a Epson Perfection 1250 Photo scanner. It want install in Vista Beta2 edition. When I try to install the driver from the original disc, the install stops in the middle of the install. I have tried to copy all files from the disc to the hard disk and install the software as the first install after installing Vista from scratch. Now the software installs, but not the twain driver.I also have tried to download the latest edition of the driver from epson.com, with the same result.Vista finds the scanner as Epson Scanner 010F. I have also tried to download different versions of the twain driver. Anybody having this problem, and what may I do to solve my problem. I have no other problems whatsoever with Vista, and are very satisfied with the package.

John
Eureka! I have solved my one month problem! If there is anybody out there with a similar scanner problem, send me a mail, and I'll tell you what I did to get it working.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
yletin

CYM

Thanks God , i've been looking all over the web for month to see if anybody have a solution to this.
Appreciate very much your help.

TIA
Old 12-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
insomniac

Solution found

http://www.hamrick.com/

has a generic driver that works perfect in vista RTM
Old 02-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
engineer

epson perfection 1250 scanner driver

I have an epson perfection 1250 scanner, and I too had problems, though not for as long as some. I did a search and found the following instructions. I followed them, and was able to scan documents using my scanner for the first time with Vista. It is a round about way, but it should work. I know that others have found different fixes, but this seems to be the best/path of least resistance. Hope this helps you.

Install Scanner TWAIN drivers on Windows Vista - Here are the instructions I found
that worked for me:

"Yes, TWAIN will work in Vista.

(Note: the following are not product endorsements; just speaking from direct experience
with a couple scanners)

Although the steps differ from vendor to vendor (and often model to model for the
same vendor), here's what I do to install the drivers for an Epson
Perfection 1200 Photo:

Download the latest XP driver package from Epson's website. Run the self-extracting
exe (uncheck "When Done Unzipping Run: Setup.exe").

Go to the new directory, open the properties dialog for Setup.exe and select XP SP2
compatibility (this isn't necessary for all installation packages, but
it's necessary for this particular package)

Run Setup.exe

Connect a USB cable and turn on the device

Allow Vista to "Locate and install driver software..."

Select "Install Anyway" when it warns of an unsigned driver (this is perfectly safe
in this case because it uses the in-box usbscan.sys driver)

So, in general, follow the same steps you would on XP.

If the setup program fails, try enabling the XP SP2 compatibility (through the properties
dialog for the Setup.exe file).

If the device is based on an in-box driver like usbscan.sys, it's safe to install
in spite of installation warnings.

--
David Goll
Windows Portable Devices Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."
Old 07-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
imyuliy

Re: Epson Perfection 1250 scanner driver problem

Got the same problem.
Fixed it.

The steps:
[1] Install the driver, don't worry about the compatibility mode.
[1.5] Your computer still won't be able to detect the scanner.

[2] Go to Device management
[2.5] Right-click 'Epson scanner 010F' and hit the 'problem solution'.

[3] Let your computer do the searching, set it on auto-detect.
[3.5] It will find the installed driver software and 'attach' it to the scanner.

[4] You will be able to use the scanner.

Praise God!