ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 02-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
plainman007

Need urgent help. Norton Ghost 9 sudden extreme slow down to take backup image.

Hi,

My system consists of
C: 160GB independent OS drive. (only used for OS)
D: 250GB independent DATA drive. (containing about 160gb of data on it)
F: 500GB independent NORTON BACKUP drive. (only used to store backups of the other drives)

I just upgraded the D: drive to a 500GB drive and partitioned it into 2 halves as D: for official data and E: for home media. The same 160gb data image of the previous independent D: disk was restored (from my 500gb BACKUP disk) onto this new D: partition. So data is basically the same in size. Except its now restored on a partitioned 250gb.

Now when i tried to take a backup as i usually do every week of my D: it took approx 3 hours for 10% of the job, so i had to abort as that sums up to a whopping 30 hrs to complete the job !!!

Everything else is the same. The same OS original install with the same Norton Ghost 9 install which used to handle my backup with reasonable speed. The same 500GB BACKUP Drive.

What am i doing wrong here ? Any HDD settings, PO settings or something the matter ??
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]