ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Games on Mobile

Its amazing the games available on the mobile platform.
The other day i found an old favourite; Carnivores 2, but its pretty old and the graphics are fairly simple in that game so i cant say i was amazed that they'd managed to port it onto my phone.

But I notice theres games such as GTA:San Andreas, the Sims 3 and Max Payne.
Thats really amazing. It was only a few years ago these games were pushing the limits of our systems. I dont know how detailed these ports are but the screen shots look great and the reviews are excellent. I may load up GTA just to see how it compares to the PC version.

Amazing really. Just to think that one day soon our current games may be on our mobile devices (or being served from the cloud to our Google glasses...!)
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Games on Mobile

So i loaded up GTA:San Andreas on my iPad,
The graphic detail is very slightly dumbed down for this platform, but i do mean only slightly. OTOH it looks like the sharpness is far improved. Looks extremely nice.

The gameplay is exactly as i remember and "authentic" feeling but even more surprising are the controls, very well implemented and easy to setup and use.

I think i payed more than i'd like for a mobile app, $8, but i can see that this is a quality port.

Its truly amazing to be playing this on my iPad.

Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."

Last edited by zapionics<alt>; 04-15-2014 at 06:51 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Just on GTA:SA again, there are some improved textures and lighting which gives the game a very sweet look on the retina display. Still very original looking though.

They've really done a very nice port of this and its obvious that the controls have been carefully thought through, however i've found the interface on iPad difficult to use, which doesnt bode well for mobile gaming with touch screen.
It seems there is just too much of a delay between deciding the move you want and then implementing it. You have to find the correct button on screen, tap it or aim and tap. Its just too slow and clumsy for a game like this.
Its playable but frustrating. Needs a gamepad.

Which confirms what i've suspected, that touch screen is just not as effective as a good controller or keyboard/mouse combo. Having fingers touching real buttons that are not cluttering the screen or moving about as the gameplay changes is far more agile. The tactile feedback of the button position and orientation is very important for hand eye co-ordination.

One thing i've gotten out of the experience is a desire to replay this great game. Sure it has aged some but still a fun game with a good story and theres something about the car chases in this version thats addictive.

So i feel that either PC or console is the way to go for fast action games like this. Touch screen seems most suitable for games such as Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies or possibly a decent RTS once someone releases one.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 05-13-2014, 03:40 AM   #4
Marian12

Can install a Free Bucklor VPN on mobile,It can play game quickly and privacy.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 AM   #5
garvi

Have you ever played organ trail?

a really great game!