ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 06-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Shadow_Raven

Recovering emails from Outlook Express dbx file

I'm getting ready to export my emails from my pc's XP Outlook Express 6 to my laptop's windows 7 Windows Live Mail. I copied the entire store folder with all of the .dbx files that I have for my current account. I found in a backup, a previous account's emails (a few years old) - so I wanted to integrate the old emails with the current ones. I tried different things and they didn't work. Finally I did a search on the internet and found a method that imported the .dbx folders. This worked except for one folder, Computer-Info (about 1035KB).

When I imported that file, I did not get the pop-up window that scanned the emails from that folder (progress bar). A folder is named Computer-Info appears in Outlook Express 6 and has a file size of 1035KB, but when I click on that folder, Outlook Express reads 0 emails (it's empty). I'm not sure if the file is damaged somehow so OE can't read any of the emails in that .dbx file.

Is there a way to recover all of those emails in the Computer-Info.dbx file? I want to recover those emails, if possible. Once done, I will save the entire OE folder and copy that to my laptop. I was going to set-up a new account with Windows Live Mail, and then import all of those .dbx files into it. (I just read that with Windows Live Mail, all you have to do is chose Import Messages and point to that folder and it imports all of your emails as WLM file extension.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 06-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Falklan
Sing your death song!

Re: Recovering emails from Outlook Express dbx file

You can try this fix.

Let us know if it works out for you.
(2) Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (RAID0-OS Only) - Crucial 240GB (game cache)
(2) WD Black 1TB (storage/backup)
Samsung 830 128GB (scratch/cache)
Pioneer BD+R - Samsung DVD+R
Samsung 32" HDTV - Dell 21.5" LCD
Zboard - SteelSeries WoW MMO - MSI Interceptor
Windows 10 Pro x64
Behringer Q1002USB - BM-800 Condenser Mic/Boom
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Shadow_Raven

The problem I've been having is I have a dbx file that looks like it's corrupt, as I can't read any emails from it. I wish to repair the dbx file so I can extract the emails from it. I have tried 3 or 4 programs so far that have done nothing in trying to repair the dbx file. Each time it reads 0 emails from that folder/dbx file. The size of the file is 1035KB, so it has a lot of emails there, however Outlook Express 6 reads it as 0 emails. When I tried the repair programs, they also read 0 emails from that folder/file.

This is from an old back up folder of my Outlook Express email account from a Windows XP install from 10 years ago. I managed to Import each old dbx file into my current Outlook Express email account and I have all of my old emails except for the one file, Computer-Info.dbx. When I Imported that file, OE reads it as 0 emails, however the size of the file is 1035KB.

I have read a trick, which I did, where I created a new folder in OE called Computer-Info, closed OE, went to the store folder and deleted the file, Computer-Info.dbx and then I went to my backup folder and copied the Computer-Info.dbx file into the OE store folder. I opened OE and I clicked on the Computer-Info folder and it reads 0 emails. This trick didn't work.

It seems I can't recover anything from that file, and the emails are lost.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
rubykiser

One of the best Outlook Express Recovery software which is recommended by most of technicians. I would recommend free trial version to recover data.

recoverydeletedfiles. com / outlook-express-recovery.html
Free to Try
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #5
Bobbie_Ac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubykiser View Post
One of the best Outlook Express Recovery software which is recommended by most of technicians. I would recommend free trial version to recover data.
recoverydeletedfiles. com / outlook-express-recovery.html
Free to Try
Have you tried it? What are your impressions? Pros and cons?

Last edited by Bobbie_Ac; 10-18-2013 at 07:28 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
R.K.A.

Thumbs up Re: Recovering emails from Outlook Express dbx file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Raven View Post
Is there a way to recover all of those emails in the Computer-Info.dbx file? I want to recover those emails, if possible.
If the .dbx file is corrupted, you need a third-party DBX recovery tool to recover your crucial emails from it. I would recommend you SysInfoTools DBX Recovery software here. It will help you recover emails and mailbox folders from corrupt .dbx files. You may also try its free demo version before buying its full version. Download it from SysInfoTools' website.
Thanks.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
Shadow_Raven

I went and did a search for recovery software, downloaded 2 programs and tried both, they did nothing. I downloaded a third program, Geeknerds DBX Recovery full and just left it. I haven't tried that one and at that point I just gave up. Not sure if SysInfoTools DBX Recovery software is one of the two that I already tried. If the demo version can work, and I can recover my emails from that corrupt dbx file that's great. If the demo lets you have some but not all and you have to pay for the full version to get the rest - forget it. Most of these recovery programs, you have to pay - which I refuse to do, since I'm only going to use the software once. I no longer use Outlook Express 6 on my XP machine, I switched over to Windows Live mail on my windows 7 laptop. I tranferred all of my emails from Outlook Express to windows live mail - except for that one corrupt dbx file. Too many things going on, so I let this slide. I don't know when I'll get around to trying anything else. To everyone who responded,

Old 10-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Falklan
Sing your death song!

Heya bud

Do you have a way to send me the file? Hopefully it's not too large of a file to email.

I will use my commercial recovery app on it and see if I can get anything out of it and send it back.

I'll PM my email addy.
(2) Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (RAID0-OS Only) - Crucial 240GB (game cache)
(2) WD Black 1TB (storage/backup)
Samsung 830 128GB (scratch/cache)
Pioneer BD+R - Samsung DVD+R
Samsung 32" HDTV - Dell 21.5" LCD
Zboard - SteelSeries WoW MMO - MSI Interceptor
Windows 10 Pro x64
Behringer Q1002USB - BM-800 Condenser Mic/Boom
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
souman101

Smile Re: Recovering emails from Outlook Express dbx file

I personally suggest you this application,it worked like a charm for me and recovered everything i lost :

smartsoftwares.blogspot .no /2013/09/outlook-email-recovery. html
Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
henryrice

When your DBX file gets corrupted, then that situation is very irritating but there is nothing to worry because you can repair the corrupted DBX file. You have to use DBX file repair tool as this an effective repair solution for corrupt or damaged DBX files. This repair tool can repair more than one DBX file at the same time. By using this repair tool, you can recover emails from Outlook express dbx file.This tool can able to search for DBX files in the entire computer system and repair them after searching.

See more on: dbx.filerepairtool.net
Old 05-23-2014, 05:35 AM   #11
peter_castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrice View Post
When your DBX file gets corrupted, then that situation is very irritating but there is nothing to worry because you can repair the corrupted DBX file. You have to use DBX file repair tool as this an effective repair solution for corrupt or damaged DBX files. This repair tool can repair more than one DBX file at the same time. By using this repair tool, you can recover emails from Outlook express dbx file.This tool can able to search for DBX files in the entire computer system and repair them after searching.
See more on: dbx.filerepairtool.net
Is this the ad? Or you tried this tool and it's really helpful?
Old 09-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #12
AlexanderCarrol

I would also like to suggest an effective and more advance Recovery for Outlook Express Dbx recovery software. By using this application you can easily repair outlook express DBX files. You can get detail information about this tool visit:- http : // www . recoverfilesdata . com / outlook-express-dbx-recovery . html
Old 09-16-2014, 07:45 AM   #13
terra

If your file is severely corrupted and it is not fixed by executing the above solution, then you need to use third party recovery software. SysInfoTools DBX Recovery software is a very cost effective program which has advanced features to recover severely damaged file.

To import .dbx files into Windows Live Mail, you can check this solution :-

nalavadebela.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/convert-dbx-pst