ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 10-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

IPad poor Wi-Fi performance?

I notice my iPads don't reach the maximum download speed.
My ISP is providing 100-110 Mbps, which is what I'm paying for, but the iPads seem to max out between 20-45 Mbps variable, no matter which part of the house they're in.

These are the iPad 2 and iPad 3.
The iPhone 5S hits the 90's, which is fine.

Anyone know what the issue could be?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
fvbounty

Re: IPad poor Wi-Fi performance?

You'll never get that with wifi, only with cate 5 cable connection. I get the same with my iPad air on 60 down
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvbounty View Post
You'll never get that with wifi, only with cate 5 cable connection. I get the same with my iPad air on 60 down
Really? I thought the 5G band supported high speed, up to a Gbps?
Even the 2.4 is supposed to be 600Mbps.

As i said, my iPhone 5S is getting mid 90's Mbps download?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 10-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
fvbounty

That's all I get on my n router right next to the router, I think you only get half of what they say, I could be all wet, I'm on my boat and it's been a long day, been up for 17 hours..... Lol
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX, Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S, 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15, Asus GTX 980 TI Strix, Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig NVMe SSD W10 PRO, Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data, 1 TB WD Black data, Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS, Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor, Ducky Shine 5 RGB Keyboard, Mionix Naos 7000 mouse, AudioEngine A5+ Speakers driven by Asus Xonar U7 MKII USB sound card, AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Ok, I've had a "meeting" with a Apple "genius" at my local Apple store and he had no clue. I dont know why but Apple stores here are always full of customers and I had to book time to get to speak with their technical support guys.

Anyway, he advised me to call the Apple Care support line. The fellow at Apple Care gave me an answer of 42Mbps for my model, (which is the one that had the first retina display). Thats the typical download speed we can expect and is obviously governed by the iPad design and Wi-Fi components.

I also asked what can be expected of the latest iPad Air model, and he is going to email me that once he finds out. If the current model has significantly better speed then I may upgrade once the new one is out.

As I said my iPhone 5S is achieving mid 90's so I expect the current iPad would do the same, but who knows.

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 10-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Well, i'm still waiting on an official response from Apple. Dont hold your breath!

I see advertisements quoting up to 70Mbps for the iPad Air. I dk where they've gotten that figure from, but i hope its correct because I assume the new model (which is not far off now) will be at least as quick.

"You Cannot Hide..."