ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 04-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
Paul881

No Internet Connectivity

Here's a very strange problem!

I have a dual boot desktop PC x86 machine running both w7 and win xp. I have a realtek RTL8168D GBE network adapter and a wireless adapter.

Until now, it has worked perfectly but now it won't connect to the Internet either using W7 or Win XP.

The wireless network is working fine - other machines are using it fine.
The PC is seeing the wireless network with Good signal strength.
There are no red or yellow flags against the realtek adapter in Devices.

I have tried uninstalling the realtek adapter and rebooting and it still doesn't work.

I have unisntalled the realtek drivers and d/l'd new ones from Realtek and then it connects to the Internet but only once - it doesn't do it again!

I have tried disabling the firewall and my virus protection but it doesn't make any difference.

Any suggestions gratefully received!
Chieftec Black ATX case fitted with Acoustic sound damping kit/Quiet 450Watt PSU/Round IDE cables/4x 80mm variable thermister controlled fans/ASUS P4PE MoBo/vs 1007 BIOS/2.4 Gig 533 FSB P4 CPU/1024 Meg DDR333 RAM/IEEE1394 Firewire Card/Win XP O/S & SP2/M-Audio Delta 66+omni sound system/Audiophile SP-5B Active monitors/Logitech MX k/board and mouse/Ati Radeon 9550 AGP Graphic card/NEC3500A DVD-RW/NEC 4517A DVD-RW/3.5"Floppy/Seagate Barracuda 2000Gig and 500 Gig HDD's/19" gnr monitor/Maxtor 300Gig external HDD/300 Gig Seagate Barracuda external HD/Belkin F5D7633-4 wireless router
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-13-2015, 02:25 AM   #2
Bari

Re: No Internet Connectivity

No Internet Connectivity

1.Open administrative Command Prompt, copy and paste following command and hit Enter after each command.
netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled
2.Moving on, press Windows Key + R combination, type put Regedt32.exe in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3.Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
4.In the right pane of this location, you have to create following registry DWORDs using Right click -> New -> DWORD Value with corresponding Value data:
EnableRSS–0

EnableTCPA–0

EnableTCPChimney–0
5.Finally, when you’re done, you may close the Registry Editor and reboot the machine to solve the issue.
Do remember to create a system restore point first – and let us know if this solution helped you solve your problem.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote