ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 12-31-2008, 05:48 AM   #1
Maxims

Selling your products on your website?

Hi,
I am planning to sell e-books, music Cds online with the help of my own site. I have uploaded all the stuff on my site. I am worrying about payment transactions. I want to give all the payment methods to the customer which includes credit card, Visa card etc. Is there is any suggestions to securely run payment transaction on my site?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Wagner

Re: Selling your products on your website?

Hello,
A good question. Only few people are conscious about the payment transactions online. I would suggest you to get certified from Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to manage your payment system. This is actually a filtering system before customer payment process online as a result security increases.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
ctal
Eschews Obfuscation

Considering that you've asked the exact same question on more than a few forums in recent days, under various screen-names, and received the exact same answer, under various screen-names, the unanimity seems to suggest that answer is correct. Although you may have noticed that at ABX you can't post the link that appeared in the answer in some of the other places.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
Logic_abx

I suggest you use paypal payment gateway. It way cheaper to implement and you don't have to worry about the security as much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
meena05

Smile Re: Selling your products on your website?

If you want to sell your own products and goods online then using an eBay store is the best way to go.
When you setup a store, eBay creates your auction site for you. You'll be able to customize certain aspects of it (title, links, etc.) and it lives on ebay.com's domain.

There's no programming experience necessary and it can be setup in minutes. eBay does all the background work and your visitors will use the regular eBay bidding engine, etc.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
asye288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_abx View Post
I suggest you use paypal payment gateway. It way cheaper to implement and you don't have to worry about the security as much.
Using payal is the easiest method and they do accept various popular credit/debit cards. Applying for SSL is another approach, but it is catered for large volume business and yearly certification is needed.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
Falklan
Sing your death song!

There are a great many service providers to chose from.

What you want is a Merchant Account.

Services range from walk-in customer purchases, to transaction processing via telephone, and processing via virtual terminal. There are a lot of companies that will process purchases made via your Web site.

Best of luck!
(2) Samsung 850 Pro 128GB (RAID0-OS Only) - Crucial 240GB (game cache)
(2) WD Black 1TB (storage/backup)
Samsung 830 128GB (scratch/cache)
Pioneer BD+R - Samsung DVD+R
Samsung 32" HDTV - Dell 21.5" LCD
Zboard - SteelSeries WoW MMO - MSI Interceptor
Windows 10 Pro x64
Behringer Q1002USB - BM-800 Condenser Mic/Boom

Last edited by Falklan; 01-05-2012 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: I was drunk and being stupid
Old 04-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #8
Helen Hughes

If you want to set up this in your existing website then you can consider payment gateways. There are number of payment gateways with less service charges. Google it for more info.