ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 PM   #61
Sandog

Re: Audioengine 5+ Premium Powered Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvbounty View Post
They sound Great, but to be honest my Corsair SP2500 where really good too, but I only have a few hours on A5+'s and the legroom I got is really worth it....
Audio is very subjective but tens of thousands have the single audio offering Corsair has and love it. I am sure it sounds great to. I tried the D1 USB DAC, N22, and P4's and the whole system produces a warm sound. It is clear but the highs are not pronounced. Audioengine advertises as such and reviews say the same thing. I had a pretty decent K-Mart stereo when I was really young (first one). It had a single 8" speaker in both boxes and I listened to it a whole bunch. I believe it may have formed what I like to hear. Also I have sensitive ears and do not like tinny sounding audio from cymbals or words starting with S. The ASUS Essence STX original goes absolutely perfect with the Audioengine speakers. I have tried many audio cards and every mobo audio I've come across. The last good mobo audio I used was ASUS SupremeFX X-Fi 2 that came on my X58 Rampage III Formula board. It featured EAX Advanced HD 5.0 and OpenAL, and THX TruStudioPro. I used it for years. Before that it was Intel Azalia on the BadAxe.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #62
Sandog

Re: Audioengine 5+ Premium Powered Speakers

BTW, there is such a thing as speaker break-in music.
Windows 10 Pro / Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i7-7820X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Ducky YoTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote