ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 11-28-2003, 11:49 AM   #1561
JoeBar
Bite me if u can...

Download 1014 from the german ftp server. In the zip file u will see a new afudos version. Extract them in a floppy disk. Restart, load setup defaults, insert a startup disk, then the bios one, type afudos /i.1014c(d or ed)).rom and when flashed turn off your power. Turn on your pc, get into the bios, load setup defaults, save and exit. Then u are ready to alter everything u want.
2 x 1GB Transcend DDR2-533 @ 770mhz
2 x 36.7GB Western Digital Raptors Raid 0 | 300GB Western Digital Caviar SE SATA
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtrememusic combined with Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 550 THX
Asus E616P3 DVD | Asus 1608-P DVD-RW
Thermaltake Kandalf black super tower with 4 x 120mm and 2 x 90mm blue led fans | Chieftec 550W Triple 12V rails - 120mm fan
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 11-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #1562
Sierra_abx

Quote:
Originally posted by SlackerXL
I wish my knowledge of the english language was better so that i could present my sense of humour in a better way....
I Know what you say is true... everyone up untill now has been very helpfull and surprisingly quick on reply...

i just wanted to put you in the mood for answering such a question... thats why i scold you like our school teachers used to....
BTW such Off-Topic posts are as interesting as all the others,
as long as they still concern computers....

Which way did you flash the 1014??
Don't worry. I understood your humor. I flashed with AsusUpdate. If you use it, make sure you download the latest version (5.22.02). The safest way to use AsusUpdate is to download the file first, then flash. As JoeBar just mentioned, if you're using Afudos, there's an updated version included in the zip file.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:57 AM   #1563
SlackerXL

Now you're talking....

Νa'sai kala re Joebar.... eyxaristo....
Old 11-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #1564
JoeBar
Bite me if u can...

Of course u can flash it with Asus Update like sierra_bound suggested, but be careful to use the version mentioned.
I'm a little old fashioned...
2 x 36.7GB Western Digital Raptors Raid 0 | 300GB Western Digital Caviar SE SATA
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Xtrememusic combined with Cambridge Soundworks Megaworks 550 THX
Thermaltake Kandalf black super tower with 4 x 120mm and 2 x 90mm blue led fans | Chieftec 550W Triple 12V rails - 120mm fan
Old 11-28-2003, 11:59 AM   #1565
JoeBar
Bite me if u can...

Re: Now you're talking....

Quote:
No prob m8!
Old 11-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #1566
Dan-Baer
Ancient Teckie

Quote:
is this the right thread???? 102pgs????
Sorry to interrupt your nice chat here but me thinks youre miles away from our subject.....
i know this forum isnt only for p4c800 but this thread is supposed to focus on that ....

Youre all an extremely bad influence for a hard working man whos trying to cut back on his two most vicious habits:
smoking and hardware shopping.....

Now that i've said it ...
lets hear some opinions on the new 1014 bios ...
and quickly please, because i think i'm hearing my floppy singing :
"flash me tonight, the time is right...
flash me tomorrow, fills my chip with sorrow..."
You are correct, we do stray off topic but this has become a gathering place for those of us who use this MOBO, we kind of sit in the waiting room and chat until one of us or someone else has a problem or question then we all pounce on it.
Asus Commando, QX6700 @ 2.93, 4 Gb Corsair (PC2-8500 Dominator), Zalman 7500, Corsair 1 KW PSU, BFG GTX 285 OC, 2 Raptors in RAID 0 (OS and Apps) 2 Raptors in non raid for files and client data. WD 7500AAKS for main storage, X-Fi Fatal1ty, Normal optical drives Etc. 2 Ea Samsung 24" 245t's

New test rig, Spring of 09, i7-920 OC (3.6 so far) Rampage II Extreme, 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT , BFG GTX 2285 OCE, PSU HX 1000W 1 KW Corsair, 2 EA WD 300GB V Raptors in RAID-0 boot, 1 Tb WD RE3 data and BU. Tt Armor+ case, Optical drives Etc.

Thanks to everyone here for all the help
Old 11-28-2003, 12:14 PM   #1567
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Re: Now you're talking....

Quote:
I don't understand why but I find Greek much easier to read if it's in the Greek font.

I remember that there was post a long time ago explaining how to do that. Note that I'm more familar with Koine Greek from the 1st century. What's the real kicker about this? I don't use a computer to translate or read Koine Greek literature. I prefer books in hard copy. Oh no. I just revealed that I do more than just computers. I must purchase more hardware to remedy this situation.

Hmmm, maybe it's time for my rusty skill in Koine Greek to be re-developed. I used to know over 1,000 words in the proper sentence structure. Where's my flash cards-and nope, that is not the computer either.

Anyway, I might try the afudos tonight as well. However, I will need to backup my system before I attempt it.

And maybe we should reherse the proper steps? Are these correct?
1. Set the computer's bios back to standard settings.
2. Flash with afudos (using no switches).
3. Turn off the 'puter upon successful flash.
5. Reset the CMOS.
6. Turn on the computer and set bios back to your oc'ed settings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:21 PM   #1568
SlackerXL

Re: Re: Now you're talking....

Quote:
Originally posted by pointreyes
I don't understand why but I find Greek much easier to read if it's in the Greek font.

I remember that there was post a long time ago explaining how to do that. Note that I'm more familar with Koine Greek from the 1st century. What's the real kicker about this? I don't use a computer to translate or read Koine Greek literature. I prefer books in hard copy. Oh no. I just revealed that I do more than just computers. I must purchase more hardware to remedy this situation.

Hmmm, maybe it's time for my rusty skill in Koine Greek to be re-developed. I used to know over 1,000 words in the proper sentence structure. Where's my flash cards-and nope, that is not the computer either.

Anyway, I might try the afudos tonight as well. However, I will need to backup my system before I attempt it.

What does "Koine Greek" stand for????
I'm now begining to question my knowledge of the greek language too.....
Old 11-28-2003, 12:23 PM   #1569
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Re: Re: Re: Now you're talking....

Quote:
What does "Koine Greek" stand for????
I'm now begining to question my knowledge of the greek language too.....
A fancy way of saying 1st century 'common' Greek.

Quote:
Attic Greek was the language of Athens; most of the surviving classical Greek literature is in Attic Greek. Alexander the Great was instrumental in combining these dialects to form Koine Greek (from the Greek word for "common") (sometimes called New Testament Greek after its most famous work of literature).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #1570
SlackerXL

That's more like it...
Koine =common = "κοινή"
Anyway .....
Pointreyes I'm impressed.....
Old 11-28-2003, 12:37 PM   #1571
JoeBar
Bite me if u can...

Ο pointreyes πάντα μας εκπλήσσει...
One greek sentence for ya pointreys.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:48 PM   #1572
pointreyes

Quote:
That's more like it...
Koine =common = "κοινή"
Anyway .....
Pointreyes I'm impressed.....
Thanks.

My wife is much more impressive though. She is one smart cookie (Well, except for marrying me. )

She went for one term in college in Italy. She can speak Spanish, French, and Italian. She is home schooling our kids and they are actually learning Spanish and French.

I might teach them ASL (American Sign Language). When they get much older I will probaby be teaching them Koine Greek and I hope to start learning Hebrew so that I can impart some of that to my kids. I have had French, German, and ASL (which is a language) but ASL and Koine Greek seems to be my strong points. ASL was actually developed by Americans learning how French monks would communciate without breaking the vow of silence. Hence, ASL is actually using topic first like the French language. ASL is more French than American. The real kicker on ASL is that I'm left handed but I sign with my right hand.

Old 11-28-2003, 12:54 PM   #1573
SlackerXL

OOPS!!!
I think i'm begining to get off-topic too...
its contageous...
Somebody ask something relevant to the purpose of the forum...
Old 11-28-2003, 01:03 PM   #1574
pointreyes

Quote:
OOPS!!!
I think i'm begining to get off-topic too...
its contageous...
Somebody ask something relevant to the purpose of the forum...

Are you going to flash the bios? And do my steps seem logical for the flashing. Does anyone else have more or less to add to the steps?

Whew, back on topic (for this post ).

Old 11-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #1575
pointreyes

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeBar
Ο pointreyes πάντα μας εκπλήσσει...
One greek sentence for ya pointreys.
Hehe, does that translate into:
[GREEK]πάντα μας εκπλήσσει[/GREEK]

That is what I'm really used to.