ABXZone Computer  Forums



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2017, 05:19 PM   #46
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;
 
zapionics<alt>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,254
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Skully View Post
Hey zap, take a look @ this thread... * Intel i9-7900x * - ABXZone Computer Forums

If our site worked right there would be pis'c of my oc, temps, core volts,
and other prof of said oc. Ken posted me a link on an image resizer app, but its not working...
I dont need pics, absolutely believe you, just wanted to understand exactly what you were saying. Wasn't sure if you meant you were getting that speed across all cores or it was your max clock.
Now I've encounteredd another issue though, because I've found a few cpu-z shots on the web showing VID instead of vcore. I'm not actually sure which figure cpu-z is telling us right now.
__________________
***
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please note: any advertising within this post has been placed there by the site owner and NOT by me!
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!
***



"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-05-2017, 11:01 PM   #47
Griff
Registered User
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Smithers BC, Canada
Posts: 8,717
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
I dont need pics, absolutely believe you, just wanted to understand exactly what you were saying. Wasn't sure if you meant you were getting that speed across all cores or it was your max clock.
Now I've encounteredd another issue though, because I've found a few cpu-z shots on the web showing VID instead of vcore. I'm not actually sure which figure cpu-z is telling us right now.
Try this one Skully. I tried a couple others picture resize rs and they would not work but this works good with windows ten.

Download Image Resizer for Windows 3.3 - Download - FileHippo.com
__________________
Obsidian 550 Corsair Case
Asus Motherboard P8Z77-V PRO
Intel i7-3770K Unlocked
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13
Mushkin Redline 4x8 32GB DDR 1600 CAS 8
Asus GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU 1020MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ
Samsung 840 EVO SSD For O/S
SilverStone Strider 750W Modular
LG BlueRay Burner
Seagate1TB SATA for Photos
USB 3.0 Hitachi 350 GB for Data
USB 3.0 Seagate Free Go for Back up
Built in Card Read
Win10 Pro
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #48
Sir Skully
ABX Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA-GA
Posts: 41,405
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Here's a pic of me 4.9 oc...
anonymous`s XTU score: 3342 marks with a Core i9 7900X
__________________
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
i9-7920X... EK water cooled
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ti
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
ROG STRIX FLARE keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #49
Sir Skully
ABX Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA-GA
Posts: 41,405
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Here's a pic of oc @ 5.0mhz or multi @ 50x 2943 marks, its a lower score
the me 4.9 oc. @ 3342 marks, I'm quite busy with me new RAID-0 on
2 SAMSUNG 512GB 960 PRO's m.2 drives. It/RAID-0 is what I'm running
now, with fresh W-10 install. I'll give the Raided Samsung's their own thread...
More later... this post also posted in the i9-7900X thread...
__________________
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
i9-7920X... EK water cooled
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ti
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
ROG STRIX FLARE keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #50
fvbounty
Registered User
 
fvbounty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Alameda Ca
Posts: 21,487
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Skully View Post
Here's a pic of oc @ 5.0mhz or multi @ 50x 2943 marks, its a lower score
the me 4.9 oc. @ 3342 marks, I'm quite busy with me new RAID-0 on
2 SAMSUNG 512GB 960 PRO's m.2 drives. It/RAID-0 is what I'm running
now, with fresh W-10 install. I'll give the Raided Samsung's their own thread...
More later... this post also posted in the i9-7900X thread...
Congrats on the 960 Pro's Skully welcome back to the Samsung NVMe club!
__________________
Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX - Intel I7 7820K Cooled by Noctua NH D15S - 32 Gigs Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15 - Asus GTX 980 TI Strix - Intel Optane 900P 280 gig for OS - Samsung 950 Pro 512 Gig Steam Library - Samsung 840 EVO 500 gig data - 1 TB WD Black data - Corsair 540 case with Corsair HXi750 PS - Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34" monitor - HyperX Alloy Elite RGB Keyboard - Mionix Naos 7000 mouse - AudioEngine A5+ Speakers - Sennheiser GSX 1000 USB sound card - AKG 7XX Red Limited Edition Headphones ....and some other stuff!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #51
Sir Skully
ABX Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA-GA
Posts: 41,405
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvbounty View Post
Congrats on the 960 Pro's Skully welcome back to the Samsung NVMe club!
Thanks bud...
__________________
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
i9-7920X... EK water cooled
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ti
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
ROG STRIX FLARE keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #52
Sir Skully
ABX Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA-GA
Posts: 41,405
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
I dont need pics, absolutely believe you, just wanted to understand exactly what you were saying. Wasn't sure if you meant you were getting that speed across all cores or it was your max clock.
Now I've encounteredd another issue though, because I've found a few cpu-z shots on the web showing VID instead of vcore. I'm not actually sure which figure cpu-z is telling us right now.
Sorry zap, I didn't see this post... That was the speed across all cores.

"Voltage identification, this is a quote from off the net...
The correct supply voltage is communicated by the microprocessor to the VRM at startup via a number of bits called VID (voltage identification). In particular, the VRM initially provides a standard supply voltage to the VID logic, which is the part of the processor whose only aim is to then send the VID to the VRM. When the VRM has received the VID identifying the required supply voltage, it starts acting as a voltage regulator, providing the required constant voltage supply to the processor.

Instead of having a power supply unit generate some fixed voltage, the CPU uses a small set of digital signals, the VID lines, to instruct an on-board power converter of the desired voltage level. The switch-mode buck converter then adjusts its output accordingly. The flexibility so obtained makes it possible to use the same power supply unit for CPUs with somewhat different nominal supply voltages and to reduce power consumption during idle periods by lowering the supply voltage.[5]

For example, a unit with 5-bit VID would output one of at most 32 (25) distinct output voltages. These voltages are usually (but not always) evenly spaced within a given range. Some of the code words may be reserved for special functions such as shutting down the unit, hence a 5-bit VID unit may have fewer than 32 output voltage levels. How the numerical codes map to supply voltages is typically specified in tables provided by component manufacturers. As of 2008 VID comes in 5-, 6- and 8-bit varieties and is mostly applied to power modules outputting between 0.5 V and 3.5 V."

For oc'ers Vcore is the voltage set in the bios for the cpu, These new processors depending on the settings, the vcore you
set in the bios, may not show in the windows until you put a load on the cpu.
__________________
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
i9-7920X... EK water cooled
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ti
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
ROG STRIX FLARE keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sir Skully; 08-21-2017 at 03:51 PM..
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #53
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;
 
zapionics<alt>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 6,254
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Skully View Post
Sorry zap, I didn't see this post... That was the speed across all cores.

"Voltage identification, this is a quote from off the net...
The correct supply voltage is communicated by the microprocessor to the VRM at startup via a number of bits called VID (voltage identification). In particular, the VRM initially provides a standard supply voltage to the VID logic, which is the part of the processor whose only aim is to then send the VID to the VRM. When the VRM has received the VID identifying the required supply voltage, it starts acting as a voltage regulator, providing the required constant voltage supply to the processor.

Instead of having a power supply unit generate some fixed voltage, the CPU uses a small set of digital signals, the VID lines, to instruct an on-board power converter of the desired voltage level. The switch-mode buck converter then adjusts its output accordingly. The flexibility so obtained makes it possible to use the same power supply unit for CPUs with somewhat different nominal supply voltages and to reduce power consumption during idle periods by lowering the supply voltage.[5]

For example, a unit with 5-bit VID would output one of at most 32 (25) distinct output voltages. These voltages are usually (but not always) evenly spaced within a given range. Some of the code words may be reserved for special functions such as shutting down the unit, hence a 5-bit VID unit may have fewer than 32 output voltage levels. How the numerical codes map to supply voltages is typically specified in tables provided by component manufacturers. As of 2008 VID comes in 5-, 6- and 8-bit varieties and is mostly applied to power modules outputting between 0.5 V and 3.5 V."

For oc'ers Vcore is the voltage set in the bios for the cpu, These new processors depending on the settings, the vcore you
set in the bios, may not show in the windows until you put a load on the cpu.
Thats my understanding Skully, consequently I dont expect VID to actually be the same as vcore at any given moment. When did CPU-Z switch to showing VID instead of vcore?
__________________
***
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Please note: any advertising within this post has been placed there by the site owner and NOT by me!
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!
***



"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #54
Sir Skully
ABX Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA-GA
Posts: 41,405
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
Thats my understanding Skully, consequently I dont expect VID to actually be the same as vcore at any given moment. When did CPU-Z switch to showing VID instead of vcore?
I'm not sure, as I've paid little attention, to the change...
__________________
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
i9-7920X... EK water cooled
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ti
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
ROG STRIX FLARE keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #55
Sir Skully
ABX Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA-GA
Posts: 41,405
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

The the small fan on the VRM heat sink tamed the heat beast.
The decibels are not bad @ all blends right in, with me other fans.
The location of the small fan is in an ideal spot. Its all black an
blends right in. The PCH heat sink I made some changes also.
ASUS Had the heat sink setting on bare metal, and no TIM at all.
I fixed that, now PCH heat is far less then before. These boards
X299 of ASUS are some of the worst I've ever seem...
__________________
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
i9-7920X... EK water cooled
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ti
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
ROG STRIX FLARE keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #56
Sir Skully
ABX Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA-GA
Posts: 41,405
Re: *** prime x299 deluxe ***

The the small fan on the VRM heat sink tamed the heat beast.
The decibels are not bad @ all blends right in with me other fans.
The location of the small fan is in an ideal spot. Its all black an
blends right in. The PCH heat sink I made some changes also.
ASUS Had the heat sink setting on bare metal, and no TIM at all.
I fixed that, now PCH heat is far less then before. These boards
X299 of ASUS are some of the worst I've ever seem...

A real throw it/mobo's together and wing em out the door for ASUS...
__________________
ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME
i9-7920X... EK water cooled
ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ti
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
ROG STRIX FLARE keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com

© 2006 - 2016 ABXZone Forums | About ABX Zone Forums | Advertisers | Investors | Legal | A member of the Crowdgather Forum Community