ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Supa-Fly

Windows Sidebar Gadget for Creative X-Fi based sound cards

Greetings all.

For those of you that have a Creative or Auzentech X-Fi based sound card, ive developed a little windows sidebar gadget for quick access to change modes, Entertainment, Game, Audio Creation, and also the speaker profiles.

Im running on windows 7 x64, an Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1, on the latest PAX Forte 4.75 modded drivers, with THX Console 3.5 installed, and so far its working pretty well.

Ive also tested the gadget on a windows 7 x86, and windows 8 x86 cr, and im looking for a few people with other models and other configurations, to help me test this gadget, before I release it to the public for free.

All the testing really requires, if that you send me a PM, with your email, so I can mail a copy of the gadget, and 4 details, so that I know what youre running.

1. What version of windows youre using
2. What X-Fi based sound card youre using
3. What driver pack for your X-fi youre using
4. Do you have the THX Speaker Setup Console installed, and what version.

Testing the gadget itself, doesnt take much time at all... pretty much just need to install it, and click on the various profiles and see if they work.

If you have any problems, let me know about them ofc.

I really appreciate anyone that can help me beta test this gadget.
For more info about the gadget, and release progress, please visit the blog I made just for the Gadget. http://the-x-fi-gadget.yolasite.com/

Heres a little preview of what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: png X-Fi Sidebar Mode Changer.gadget.png (15.0 KB, 10 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Windows Sidebar Gadget for Creative X-Fi based sound cards

Sounds like potentialy a useful gadget. I have a shortcut the creative app in the launch tray and often use that to get to the settings, but there are a few tabs to negotiate. Glad to see you will make it free to dl.

I've moved this post to the classifieds, which is the better forum for notifying the membership of products and services.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 06-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Sandog
CLUB ROG VI APEX

Very nice, good job.
Corsair 760T Arctic White / ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX / Intel i9-7900X / ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS / Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200MHz C16 CMD32GX4M4C3200C16-ROG / SeaSonic Prime 750W Titanium / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q / Intel Optane SSD 900P 480GB / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Samsung 850 Pro SATA 1TB / Ducky Shine 3 YOTS / ASUS ROG GLADIUS II / ASUS OC Panel / ASUS Essence STX / Audioengine HDP6, N22, S8 / AKG K712 PRO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
Supa-Fly

Thanks... I really made it out of frustration of dealing with those few tabs to negotiate you mentioned... also... because the Automode switcher doesnt seem to work on windows 7 x64... so I thought id share it with everyone.

Im also trying to get hold of Creative Labs software developers, since I would like to make this gadget work a little more efficiently... but no news from them yet.

Also, if I can get my hands on some demo/test Asus Xonar sound cards, Id like to see if I can make something similar for those too... maybe even make a generic version of this gadget for the not so advanced sound cards out there.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Supa-Fly

OK... so Ive finally put the gadget up for public download.
You can find it here the-x-fi-gadget
Hope you all enjoy it

Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #6
traveler
Where to next?

Old 06-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #7
Supa-Fly

So has anyone tried it? let me know what you think ^^

Old 06-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
Supa-Fly

Quick update. v1.0.0.2 of X-Fi Sidebar Mode Changer Gadget is available for download.
Its not a big update, but a recommended one.

Fix log:
Mute button wasn't updating properly if the system was muted via other methods. It will now update properly.

I recommend that you update your X-Fi Sidebar Mode Changer Gadget to v1.0.0.2
the-x-fi-gadget

Enjoy