ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 01-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Rivi

GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2HP setting up RAID

Can someone help me understand this setup? I want to setup RAID 0 using two 36 gig raptors and use a 250 gb drive for files. Can i do this? Do i plug the drives into any of the sata ports? The manual for this mb is VERY POOR! I'm kind of sorry i didn't but ASUS but i needed the PS@ port for the mouse for my switch and ASUS doesn't use ps2 anymore. Thanks
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Sir Skully
ABX Knight

Re: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2HP setting up RAID

Plug Sata drives into sats ports. Next go into the bios and set the drives to RAID. Save and restart windows, you'll come to a RAID bios screen. Use Ctrl+I to enter, follow the directions for setting up a RAID-O.
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
SAMSUNG PRO 960 1tb M.2
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
Ducky keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
Rivi

Thanks but the commands are completely different on this mb. I did find enugh info to get the raid installed but now i have new problem i can't solve.

When i try to install XP on the raid volume C xp writes some of the startup files to D????? I never had this happen before. I tried unpluging D then installing xp then plugging D back in but then the MB refuses to boot to C and looks at D for the start up files????this is crazy. I have the bios setup properly for the raid boot 1st. Any ideas before i send it back for a refund? I've built quite a few systems before and never seen this before.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Sir Skully
ABX Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivi View Post
Thanks but the commands are completely different on this mb. I did find enugh info to get the raid installed but now i have new problem i can't solve.

When i try to install XP on the raid volume C xp writes some of the startup files to D????? I never had this happen before. I tried unpluging D then installing xp then plugging D back in but then the MB refuses to boot to C and looks at D for the start up files????this is crazy. I have the bios setup properly for the raid boot 1st. Any ideas before i send it back for a refund? I've built quite a few systems before and never seen this before.
Yeah that's a gooden.... I think I'd reformat drives and redo RAID. And if that didn't work, return the mobo if I could. When you install XP on the RAID, you should have only the RAID drives plugged in. Then after the XP install on the RAID, plug in the other drives.
VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB
OPTANE SSD-9 480G
SAMSUNG PRO 960 1tb M.2
MountainMods UFO case
Corsair 1200i watt psu
SAMSUNG 34" curved monitor
AudioEngine speakers
Ducky keyboard
ROG SPATHA gaming mouse

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Rivi

This is getting crazier......if i just install xp on C raid then try to add lets say a sata drive to the controller afterwards..SETUP RESTARTS as windows starts and installs the boot files on the new drive!...Someone gotta know something about this...pLEASE HELP!