ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 04-06-2001, 02:32 PM   #1
pooch

Exclamation

Hey there everyone.

I am new to Linux....I like it. However, I am at a loss. I loaded my linux OS (corel) which uses the 2.2.16 kernal on a different system (not the cusl2c). Worked great....But, I recently bought a new board, my asus. The nic card, a 3com 3c905b-tx, wont operate correctly. I get no response from the system from it. The bios is set to non-plugandpray....

I know that there are drivers for the 815e chipset for windows, but I cant find them for linux.

Anyone help???
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 04-10-2001, 02:28 PM   #2
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Quote:
Originally posted by pooch
Hey there everyone.

I am new to Linux....I like it. However, I am at a loss. I loaded my linux OS (corel) which uses the 2.2.16 kernal on a different system (not the cusl2c). Worked great....But, I recently bought a new board, my asus. The nic card, a 3com 3c905b-tx, wont operate correctly. I get no response from the system from it. The bios is set to non-plugandpray....

I know that there are drivers for the 815e chipset for windows, but I cant find them for linux.

Anyone help???
Even though I got kernel 2.2.15 through Mandrake 7.1 installed on my CUSL2, I noticed that only 2.4.0 or higher truly takes advantage of the 815e chipset. Hence, I'm using SuSE 7.1. You might want to checkout this how-to: http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO.html
(Offline)   Reply With Quote