ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 03-04-2001, 10:05 PM   #1
2bfree

I just installed Mandrake 7.2 on my shiny new CUSL2-C, but the mouse doesn't work properly! When I move it, the cursor jumps to the upper right corner and stays there. I figure the mouse isn't configured properly. I tried opening the HardDrake menu with just the keyboard but it won't let me get to the mouse icon. I also tried to run XF86Config from a command prompt but it says permission denied. That's the extent of my linux-knowhow. Anybody got any tips for me?! I'm using a Logitech Mouseman+ PS/2 if that's of any consequence.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 03-05-2001, 05:27 AM   #2
router

I have Logitech Mouseman Wheel+ (Cordless) too, but I'm using Slack 7.1. I won't start 'holly war' on which disto is better, don't worry :>

I had the same problem with mouse if I choose WheelMan+ in settings. You must use PS/2 switch ... for use in console and also in XFree86 (and AccerlatdedX too) and then works just fine ...

Tadej
Old 03-06-2001, 07:01 AM   #3
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

At the console prompt, make sure that you are logged in as the root and not as a regular user. This should allow for XF86Setup to work. I thought the XF86Config was the actually file that contains the settings to make the X server work. With Mandrake I think you can use Xconfigurator or something like that. Sorry, it has been a while since I have used Mandrake. I'm using SuSE 7.1 and Slackware 7.2 (yes, there is a 7.2-I have to say this because somebody always trys to be smart and claim there isn't one but there is).

You also might want to check/search the LNO about this problem. http://www.linuxnewbie.org
Old 03-08-2001, 09:28 PM   #4
LW_P3_700E

Thumbs up

Im running Mandrake 7.2 on my CUSL2 with a Intellimouse Explorer.
When I picked expert install it prompted me to select a mouse and I clicked Intellimouse. It then showed me a mouse and told me to scroll the wheel. After scrolling it for a couple of secs it detected and automatically configured my mouse.
The wheel function even works.