ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 07-24-2001, 11:59 PM   #1
Gorganzola

SuSE 7.1 & A7V133

Just ordered an ASUS A7V133 and an AMD Athlon 1.4GHz to go with it. It will be here in about a week. I was reading through the VIA 4-in-1 drivers and saw the patch for Redhat 6.1/6.2 so that it can use UDMA 100. I was wondering if anyone has successfully adjusted this to SuSE 7.1 or knows of a few places to look for the info.

I wasn't asleep at the switch, I was drunk. -- Homer J. Simpson

Q. How many dull people does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. One.

A very useful tool on these forums:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
in public.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 08-09-2001, 02:55 PM   #2
pointreyes
The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

If you can take advantage of the SuSE installation help (through the first 60 days of purchase) check with them. SuSE can supposely install Red Hat rpm but 6.1/6.2 used Linux kernel much older than SuSE 7.1 (kernel 2.4.0). The 2.4 kernel series I thought supported UDMA100.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote