ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 10-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
radeonized2

Asrock instant boot?

Just now tried it and it works great. My pc shutoff and upon turnning it on, windows XP desktop appeared in one secound. I noticed a warning about keeping eletrical on to the pc. Anyone know what would happen if say the electic was to cut out during this instant state? Where I live now we have momentary loss of power preaty often.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

Re: Asrock instant boot?

Its in sleep mode right? (suspend to RAM)
so i'd expect windows might complain about not shutting down correctly with possible data corruption.
Out of interest, how long does it take to shutdown with that?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 10-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
radeonized2

Didn't time it but it shutdown then restarted to the desktop then shutdown. About a minute or less. It has two different types of shutdown modes one is referred to as hybernate and the really fast one is the one that has the warning about eletrical power not being turned off while it is in shutdown mode. I forgot what it was called and it boots to the desktop almost instantly.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

The hibernate option will be saving the run state to disk rather than the RAM, so safer if u have frequent power outages.
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #5
radeonized2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapionics<alt> View Post
The hibernate option will be saving the run state to disk rather than the RAM, so safer if u have frequent power outages.
Yea, that's what I use for that reason, and it is about 2x faster to desktop than for cold boot start. I am guesstimating as I did not time it.