ABXZone Computer  Forums

Old 05-13-2018, 02:02 AM   #1
zapionics<alt>
&lt;unknown level&gt;

RAGE 2? Like, seriously, why?

I remember being disappointed with RAGE - the combat AI was acceptable but the consolitis was nauseating and the bugs very frustrating.
Here was a game developed for console that didnt even pretend that it cared about PC.

Although the game was playable with fast paced combat it didnt build up much of a following and I have to admit I never felt the need to replay it myself.

So you might think there'd be no sense in doing a RAGE 2 right? Wrong.
Apparently Bethesda are making noises along that line.

The idea of RAGE as a survival shooter in a post apocalyptic setting is fine and it had some moments where the atmosphere was good and the combat fun. Characters certainly looked great. The art was interesting at times too. There was just no depth to the characters at all and the world was mostly pretty art with very low numbers of objects and physics to interact with and empty of anything to do. There was no scope for any emergent fun to be had.

IF they delivered a version of the RAGE world with lots of detailed physics, detailed visuals, high polygons, high numbers of objects, a comprehensive settings menu for PC, decent A.I, good ballistics modeling, decent character development and a fully open ended and interesting game world with lots of exploration options then I for one would be very pleased but I cant imagine that happening given how poor RAGE was.
RAGE's legacy is its dumb downed graphics for consoles and I cant see them moving away from that, otherwise why call it RAGE 2 and not something new?
Why not avoid the ads by joining the 'Zone today? The site is mostly ad free for members!

"You Cannot Hide..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]